Our good friends over at 23/6 were kind enough to set up a panel discussion with a bunch of really funny writers from The Daily Show, The Onion and 23/6.
Unfortunately, they were also dumb enough to invite me. (After tonight, they'll never make that mistake again, I can assure you.)
It's called "PENCILS DOWN: An Evening with America's Funniest Writers" (probably because "PENCILS DOWN: An Evening with America's Funniest Writers… Oh and Also That Strange Little Disagreeable Guy From That One Website" was too long.)
Here's the info…
Jason Reich (23/6), Dennis DiClaudio (Indecision2008.com), Kevin Bleyer (The Daily Show) and Baratunde Thurston (The Onion) with special guest moderator, MSNBC's Dan Abrams
Monday, October 20 at 8 p.m.
Upright Citizens Brigade Theater
307 W. 26th Street
New York, NY 10001
Here's what I can tell you about the show…
* We will be discussing politics and writing and humor and how to write humorously about politics
* Jason, Kevin and Baratunde will be very funny
* I will be sporting a beard
* We will have video of the event available here in a few days
* I will be getting drunk immediately after the event (if not during)
Tags: The Daily Show, The Onion