If the past two weeks have taught us anything about John McCain, it's that he's obsessed with a) domestic terrorists and b) plumbers. All of a sudden, his decades-long friendship with G. Gordon Liddy starts to make sense.
Liddy's claims to fame include…
* Serving as a White House "plumber" under Nixon, engineering the Watergate break-in, and serving a 4.5 year felony sentence as a result.
* Stating that, as a boy, hearing Hitler speak "gave me a strength inside I had never heard before."
* Plotting the murder of anti-Nixon journalist Jack Anderson and the firebombing of the Brookings Institute.
* Instructing his radio listeners on the proper way to kill a government official wearing a bulletproof vest.
* Inviting "Swift Boat" hack writer Jerome Corsi onto his show.
If these transgressions don't make Liddy every bit the domestic terrorist that Bill Ayers is, well… then Joe the Plumber makes over $250,000.
And given that Liddy has hosted McCain both on the air and in his living room, the only thing left to complete the circle would be giving Bill Ayers his own radio show.
If the FCC was listening last week, Michael Savage's slot should soon be available.
Tags: Barack Obama, G. Gordon Liddy, Jerome Corsi, Joe the Plumber, John McCain, Michael Savage, Richard Nixon, Watergate, William Ayers