With Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager and even that crappy Enterprise show on DVD, Trek fans don't have much time to venture into, much less pay attention to, the outside world. With that in mind, here is a list of things for Trekkies to remember when they don their Spock ears and head out to participate in the democracy ritual on Election Day:
* Federation club "rank" will not get you any special treatment at the polling place.
* You may not sign in with the registrar in Klingon.
* Comparing Barack Obama to Mr. Tuvok makes you an intergalactic racist.
* Do not ask the voting official to make the "swoosh" sound when you enter the booth.
* The chances of being split in two due to a "voting booth accident" are extremely slim.
* Scott Bakula is not a good write-in for any spot on any ticket.
* Joe Biden is running for Vice President, not "Number One."
* Sarah Palin is the Borg Queen.
* You cannot vote to allow Vulcans to mate more often.
* Do not say "Make it so!" out loud when you're done voting.
Tags: Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Sarah Palin, Star Trek