As we push toward November 4, it's time to focus on our nation's Swing States (i.e. the ones who will pick a president for the rest of us based on whoever's negative ad they saw last.) So tough toodles, Texas. Nous sommes désolés, Massachusetts. Let's investigate a state that matters for a change…
Montana's Key Players
* Governor Brian Schweitzer: Has done for bolo ties what Jackie Kennedy did for pillbox hats.
* Senator Jon Tester: Has done for cutting your hair with a lawn tractor what Jackie Kennedy did for going to a stylist.
* Former Senator Conrad Burns: Although he lost his seat in 2004, he can still influence the voters he greets at the entrance to the Butte Wal-Mart.
* Gay cowhands working up on the old Brokaw ranch.
* Extras on the set of "A River Runs Through It 2: The College Years."
* The African-American population, which will be voting absentee due to a business meeting he's attending in Milwaukee.
* Residents insisting on stepped-up border security to protect against Canadians who swore to move to the U.S. if Prime Minister Stephen Harper was reelected.
* Salmon grateful for Sarah Palin's anti-bear executive record.
* Exurb commuter families who got priced out of North Dakota.
Predicted Winner: McCain
Ever the wily veteran, McCain won't repeat the same mistakes his commanding officer made at Little Bighorn.
Check out more Swing State Profiles here!
Tags: Barack Obama, It DO Mean a Thing, John McCain, Montana