As we push toward November 4, it's time to focus on our nation's Swing States (i.e. the ones who will pick a president for the rest of us based on whoever's negative ad they saw last.) So tough toodles, Texas. Nous sommes désolés, Massachusetts. Let's investigate a state that matters for a change…
New Mexico's Key Players
* Governor Bill Richardson: Is strongly backing Obama in the hopes that he'll appoint him to the Kansas City Athletics' roster.
* Aging political patriarch Stew Udall: Has legally adopted Obama in the hopes of having his family dominate all of Washington.
* The Weekly World News Space Alien: Its recent endorsement of McCain has tipped the balance for Roswell swing voters.
* New-age hippies in Santa Fe, whose needed support famously brought Joe Biden onto the ticket.
* Transplants from Arizona, who moved in search of better Senate representation.
* Gay chili farmers.
* Residents of Taos, who believe their city's name would be ideal for Sarah Palin's next child.
Predicted Winner: Obama
George W. Bush won New Mexico by 5,988 votes in 2004. But counteracting that is analysts' belief that Obama's recent endorsement from actress Fran Drescher is worth at least 6,000 votes statewide. This one's all wrapped up.
Check out more Swing State Profiles here!
Tags: Barack Obama, It DO Mean a Thing, John McCain, New Mexico