Like a lot of people in the country, I suspect, I woke up late, with the most vicious and thrilling hangover of my life. And, like most of those a lot of people in the country, I've been spending most of the day so far in thoughtful consideration of what I witnessed last night. And what it means.
I decided that it would probably be a good idea to start keeping a list of lessons learned…
* Democratic voters are considerably less violent and rioty in victory than Philadelphia Phillies fans.
* I am capable of feeling sympathy for Sarah Palin. Almost.
* If you're gonna stay up till 4 am imbibing Hope by the pint glass, it might be a good idea to consider drinking a glass of water before going to bed. And maybe an Advil.
* A poorly-written article about Michelle Obama's keen sense of style in the New York Post has the power to bring me to tears in a crowded subway car.
* We actually can, apparently.
And here's my list, so far, of brand new questions…
* What am I gonna obsess over from now on?
Tags: Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Sarah Palin