Lost in the frenzy of news coming out of Alaska — namely that Ted Stevens lost and Sarah Palin is getting a better agent than Joe the Plumber– was the confirmation that the state's lone Congressman, Don Young (R), will be back for a 19th term…
The winner of the race for Alaska's sole House seat wasn't really in doubt after Election Day, when longtime incumbent Rep. Don Young led Democratic challenger Ethan Berkowitz by more than 16,000 votes.
It still took Berkowitz until Tuesday afternoon, with the counting of nearly all the outstanding ballots, to concede defeat to Republican Young…
Pollsters had counted Young out but they were wrong.
Wonder why those pollsters were so down on Don Young?
Could it have anything to do with the fact that…
* He used his jurisdiction as Alaska Congressman to steer $10 million to a fundraiser's construction project in Florida.
* If he were any more tied to Jack Abramoff, he'd own an Indian casino.
* Even the Club for Growth campaigned against him.
* He swung a walrus penis bone at the former U.S. Fish and Wildlife director.
* His wife is a tyrannical, computer-hating, pumpkin seed-devouring bitch.
The list goes on, but I should probably let the FBI conclude their investigation against Young before commenting any further.
Needless to say, if the G-Men decide to proceed with an arrest, they won't have a hard time finding Young.
Whether they come searching tomorrow, next year or in 2022, he'll be in his Capitol Hill office — right where the people of Alaska want him.
Tags: Alaska, Don Young, FBI, House of Representatives, Jack Abramoff, Sarah Palin, Ted Stevens