Well, Barack Obama just gave his (by my count) 413th press conference since being elected as the next president. This time around, it was to introduce his national security team.
The rundown goes like this…
* Attorney General: Eric Holder – AKA black guy with moustache
* National Security Advisor: Gen. James L. Jones – AKA clean-cut, avuncular white guy
* Secretary of Homeland Security: Janey Napolitano – AKA Hobbit woman
* Secretary of Defense: Robert Gates – AKA token Republican
* Ambassador to the United Nations: Susan Rice – AKA pixie woman
And, of course, the big surprise was his choice for Secretary of State: Hillary Clinton. Wow! What a shocker! I never, ever in a billion years would have guessed that one. Amazing, how they managed to keep a lid on that choice for all these weeks, with no leaks to the press or anything!
Man, you'd think a choice like Hillary Clinton would have dominated the news cycle for the past three weeks, rendering the actual announcement as little more than a boring bit of extra news that just gets stuck at the end of a really not all that funny post that most people probably aren't even going to read till the end.
Yep. Exciting news.
Tags: Barack Obama, Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, Homeland Security, James Jones, Janet Napolitano, Obama Administration, Robert Gates, Susan Rice