WINNER The Indecision 2008 Awards for Indecision 2008, Brought to You by Indecision 2008: The Best Barack Obama Messiah Moments
In just three short weeks, Barack Obama will be sworn in as the 45th President of the United States, and shortly thereafter the economy will miraculously heal itself, all violence will come to an abrupt halt here and abroad, hurricanes will be harnessed for green energy and cause us no further harm, butterscotch will flow from our rivers and ice cream cones will be plucked ripe from trees. And all with a wave from Barack Obama's majestic hand. It truly will be the beginning of a new age.
But, for now, we've asked you to choose some of the incoming president's best messiah moments from the past year. Here were the nominees…
* Stating "Contrary to the rumors you've heard, I was not born in a manger. I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father, Jor-el, to save the planet Earth." at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner (thecheeseclub_vp)
* Speaking to about a quadrillion gushing fans in Berlin, Germany. (Bearness)
* Having a German journalist report hustle her way into his gym to report on his "well-trained arms" and "his tight rear view." What a man! (Giovanna)
* Saying "This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal," while on the campaign trail. (J)
* His ability to make millions of people cry tears of joy when he won the presidency. (Tiff)
And the winner is…
His ability to make millions of people cry tears of joy when he won the presidency, submitted by Tiff.
Lots and lots of people cried on November 4th, but the tears that got the most headlines belonged to a previous presidential hopeful…
Tags: Barack Obama, Indecision 2008 Awards