A few days ago Obama introduced his new campaign slogan, "Forward," and Republicans — desperate for a legitimate Obama gaffe — have taken that single seemingly-harmless word and turned it into a punchline…
Mitt Romney piled on the recent mockery of the Obama campaign's new slogan, "Forward," at a fundraiser this evening
"Forward is his new slogan," he said, according to a pool report from the event. "Forward what? Over the cliff!" he said, to laughter.
As far as Dad jokes go, it's not a bad first degree burn from Mitt "Room Temperature" Romney. His joke-writer — whom I like to call Conservative Bruce Vilanch — should be ashamed of his laziness though. You could tack on a few words to any famous presidential slogan and make it seem terrible…
* Don't Swap Horses in Midstream… Down a Waterfall
* Tippecanoe and Tyler Too… Kidnapped the Lindbergh Baby
* Putting People First… On the List of Things I Want to Eat
* Nixon's the One… Who Had Sex with Your Mom
* I Like Ike… But I Love Terrorism
* All the Way with LBJ… Is the Pick-Up Line He Used on His First Cousin
* Morning Again in America… Time to Masturbate
That last one just sounds like a direct quote from a Ron Paul supporter.
Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Barack Obama, Mitt Romney