Sometimes it's easy to forget that Barack Obama is supposedly good at this whole politics thing…
Obama, discussing the severe economic conditions that he inherited, said "it was a house of cards, and it collapsed in the most destructive, worst crisis that we've seen since the Great Depression. And sometimes people forget the magnitude of it, you know? And you saw some of that I think in the video that was shown. Sometimes I forget."
Whoops. I guess Obama forgot that saying stupid shit about forgetting how hard a lot of Americans have it these days is dumb. Simple mistake. Republicans, for their part, did not forget to remember to grab that sound bite and run with it…
Hey, as a quick reminder, here's some other phrases that the Obama team should remember to not stick up on his teleprompter…
* "I'm kind of bad at my job."
* "Oof! This gig is harder than I thought it would be!"
* "Are you guys sure you want to entrust me with this?"
* "That Mitt Romney guy is pretty competent."
* "I am a gay socialist Kenyan Muslim atheist."
Please make a note. Thanks.
Tags: Barack Obama, Economy, Republicans