* Walter Shapiro highlights the grim future that lies ahead for Joe Biden should he and Obama fall short in November.
* New Bridge to Nowhere discovered in New Hampshire.
* Rush Limbaugh has not shown his face in Chicago since Occupy Wall Streeters started protesting him. This would mean something if he was in Chicago.
* George W. Bush is being coaxed away from his Texas ranch long enough to visit the White House for the first time in two years for the the unveiling of his official portrait and to pick up some old Doobie Brothers records he left behind.
* Rahm Emanuel is "livid." Which, I suppose, counts as a news item.
Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Barack Obama, Dick Durbin, Joe Biden, Meet the Press, Paul Ryan, Rahm Emanuel, Rush Limbaugh, Senate