John Edwards — the not-quite-guilty-enough subject of a recent federal investigation – and his mistress/baby mama/dead-wife disparager/destroyer-of-worlds Rielle Hunter have officially split up, which means there's yet another unemployed bad boy in our dating pool, ladieeeeees!
If you're able to catch this eligible bachelor's eye (Hint: Get within five feet of him), here are some important dating tips…
* Take it slow. Edwards may be a little vulnerable after everything he's gone through. Being single may be hard for him at first. After all, being married and having sex with every woman who hits on you is a lot different from being single and having sex with every woman who hits on you.
* Expect him to revert. Maybe things will go well on the first date and then boom, you're dry humping behind a plant in the hotel lobby where you met five minutes ago. Don't be upset if he whispers in your ear that if you get pregnant, you'll need to say the hotel concierge is the father. Old dogs usually only know one trick.
* Stay casual. If things get serious, Edwards may try to buy you an apartment or a car or therapist. Don't accept any of these gifts. Not because you don't need them. You do. Especially the last one. But so does he. Or rather, his children will.
* Don't get jealous. This man is a politician. It's part of his job to crinkle those pretty blue eyes at anything that makes his pants feel tight. Well, he used to be a politician. The only job he could get now is Italian Prime Minister. Maybe President of France.
* Finally, have fun while it lasts, because it won't. Bad boys never stay, and when they leave there's usually something to remember them by, like a baby or an STD. Or, if you're lucky, a book deal.
Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Elizabeth Edwards, John Edwards, Rielle Hunter