True, his philosophical inspiration stems from a lengthy novel celebrating the mass cleansing of welfarist parasites from society, and his reputation as a "fiscal hawk" was earned by proposing budgets that would present tax cuts to the wealthy in a neat package wrapped in the shreds of the social safety net, but let's not be so negative…
1. Ryan once drove the Wienermobile, part of a summer job selling turkey bacon and Lunchables for Oscar Meyer. He left because 1) it was just a college job and 2) "my baloney has two first names" does not have the same ring to it.
2. He waited tables at the Tortilla Coast, while working as a junior staffer in Washington, DC. This probably means that bad Tex-Mex is the closest we'll get to an immigration policy in the Romney administration.
3. "Nunchaku skills… bowhunting skills… computer hacking skills… Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!" - Napoleon Dynamite, and also Ryan, who is a bowhunter and belongs to his hometown's archery association, the Janesville Bowmen.
4. He enjoys listening to "grunge" and will not stop talking about the contents of his ipod. Makes sense, as Nirvana's "The Money Will Roll Right In" represents a much more convenient basis for his budget projections than Congressional Budget Office reports.
5. He loves noodling catfish. And apparently it's perfectly legal.
(h/t on #'s 1-3 to American Bridge Paul Ryan Research Book)
Photo by Darren Hauck/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Paul Ryan