Last night, Ann Romney hit enter on the C:/HumanizeMittbot.exe subroutine, heedless to the the dangers that exist for humanity were this technology to fall into the wrong hands. By most accounts, she succeeded. At the very least, Ann and Mitt have my vote for homecoming king, which would explain the resemblance of parts of Romney's speech to the lyrics of a certain popular singer-songwriter.
Identify the provenance of each excerpt…
1. "And that is where this boy I met at a high school dance comes in/ you should really get to know him"
2. "I am still in love with that boy that I met at a high school dance/ and he still makes me laugh"
3. "We walked to class together/ate a lot of pasta and Tuna fish"
4. "This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town/This is a big world, that was a small town"
5. "Were in college working part time waitin' tables/Left a small town"
6. "This man that I met at a high school dance/ helped lift up others"
7. "And then you're on your very first date and he's got a car/ And you're feeling like flying"
8. "I could tell you why I fell in love with him/ he was tall, laughed a lot"
9. "When they gave us our trophies/ And we held them up for our town"
Answers: Ann Romney is responsible for 1-3, 6, and 8. Taylor Swift is the lyricist behind 4-5, 7 and 9. If you got fewer than 8 correct, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Ann Romney, Music, Republican National Convention