According to Nielsen, TLC's Here Comes Honey Boo Boo received more viewers in the 18-49 demographic than any given cable or broadcast network covering Wednesday night of the Republican National Convention.
But is that show's dialogue any more destructive and exploitative of class-ist stereotypes than folksier-than-thou political rhetoric? See if you can identify each quote as coming from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo or a prominent figure in American politics…
1. "I've had roadkill that tasted better than that."
2. "We got a connection to deer because we love to get roadkill, and we like to clean it, grind it up, process it, put it in the freezer, and on the weekends grill out and have a good time."
3. "A manly man don't want it piled high with vegetables! He would call that a sissy pizza."
On science and religion
4. "I haven't seen a half-monkey, half-person yet."
5. "God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt."
On making do
6. "Our hair has always been washed in the kitchen sink."
7. "Growin' up in a house that didn't have running water…my mother sewin' my own clothes for me, luxury wasn't really in my lexicon."
On general wisdom
8. "'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you."
9. "No one can be proper and etiquettely all the time."
10. "We came. We conquered. We done what needed to be done."
11. "We done that…"
Answers: Items 2, 5, 6, 9, and 10 are from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. Former Texas Governor Rick Perry is responsible for quotes 1, 7, and 11. Herman Cain delivered number 3. 4 is Glenn Beck. 8 sounds like George W. Bush, but is actually Rep. Virginia Foxx.
Photos by Michael Nagle/Getty Images News/Getty Images and Noel Vasquez/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
Tags: Games and Challenges, Media, Republican National Convention, Television