While Mitt Romney was putting on an Oscar-worthy performance of an engaged human being, Barack Obama spent much of the debate scribbling notes at his podium. What was he he writing?
* Awesome comebacks that he would inexplicably only use the next day. (E.g. at today's speech in Denver: "When I got on to the stage, I met this very spirited fellow who claimed to be Mitt Romney" and "We didn't know that Big Bird was driving the federal deficit…how about that. Elmo, too?")
* The best doodle of Big Bird anyone has ever seen.
* A love letter to Michelle.
* Desperately scrawling an "I need to use the bathroom" note a la Bush but being unable to pass it to Jim Lehrer.
* A new epilogue for The Audacity of Hope.
* A draft of history's most eloquent concession speech.
Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Barack Obama, Debates