According to her spokesman, Arizona governor Jan Brewer was unavailable to participate in the official certification of the state's vote count because she was out of the state on "official business." What business is that?
"That is all I can disclose at this time," [spokesman Matthew] Benson added.
He later reiterated that during a brief phone interview during which he said he could not respond to several questions about Brewer's whereabouts.
Your guess is as good as mine, but there are a few possibilities.
* "Hiking the Appalachian Trail."
* Actually hiking the Appalachian Trail.
* Flying to Afghanistan to visit our troops.
* Flying to Afghanistan to escape Arizona's term limits and run for office in a suitably extremist district.
* Sneaking into Mexico, for the irony.
* Hanging out with John McAfee.
Photo by Mark Wilson/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Arizona, Jan Brewer