Think you know American history? Not until you've been through a Louisiana school you don't, you tie-dyed, tree-hugging socialist.
For proof, just see if you can answer these questions, based on a textbook they're using in Louisiana's taxpayer-funded voucher schools.
Tags: Education, History, Louisiana
The first rule of Rep. Peter King (R-NY) Fight Club is that you never stop talking about Peter King Fight Club. "Boxing is good self-defense," said King after his bout with former New York kickboxing champion Josh Foley. "Being in the public light, you never know when you might need it."
The second rule of Peter King Fight Club is that you commit a minor ethics violation when you join Peter King Fight Club. (The watchdog organization CREW criticized King for favoring one local business over others when participating in charity boxing events.)
The third rule of Peter King Fight Club: once you see Peter King in boxing shorts, you can never unsee it.
Tags: Peter King, Sports
For only the second time in his presidency, Barack Obama graced the Gridiron Club and Foundation dinner with his comedic presence. Behold the best jokes a government speechwriter's salary can buy, as told by the president:
Tags: Barack Obama, Bobby Jindal
* Winner of the O. Henry Pun-Off: Jerzy Gwiazdowski.
* Team Coco vs. Team Kim Jong-Un.
* The most awkward elevator ride in the history of Congress?
* Nathan For You catches a vandal and makes a PSA out of him.
* They don't make filibusters like they used to, do they Strom Thurmond?
* Cracked says space travel sucks because we don't belong there or some nonsense.
* Baby Geniuses podcast talks to Guy Branam about the amazing Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
* If the U.S.S. Monitor had let the Union's blockade fall, we'd all be speaking Confederacy now.
Tags: Civil War, Conan O'Brien, Daily Links, Dennis Rodman, John McCain, Kim Jong-un, Rand Paul, Ruth Bader Ginsburg