Aww, how cute! Turns out Canada has its own get-together of conservative activists. It's a lot like America's CPAC, except it's called the Manning Networking Conference and there is approximately 180 percent more apologizing.
Best of all, instead of inviting asshats like Donald Trump to the party, their special guest speaker this morning was Ron Paul. Obviously, the best thing about Ron Paul in Canada is everything. The other highlights?
Tags: Canada, Ron Paul
Now that Hillary Clinton is out of office, it's like the @huffingtonpost doesn't even care what the Secretary of State wears anymore.
— Evan J'daté Kessler(@EvanJKessler) March 7, 2013
Tags: Hillary Clinton, Huffington Post, Secretary of State, Tweet Untweet, Twitter
After more than three decades in the Senate, Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI) announced that he will not seek re-election in 2014, leaving behind two important vacancies: the chairmanship of the Senate Armed Services Committee and the title of America's Most Disheveled Statesman.
Let's meet the nominees for the latter job:
In the far left corner, our first nominee: Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), the sincerely frazzled socialist who would be attracting stares in your local public park as he railed against Wall Street cronyism, if he hadn't been elected to the Senate… where he rails against Wall Street cronyism.
And in the other left corner we have Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), the wrinkliest populist the Midwest has to offer.
Ugh, this is impossible. We need a tie-breaker. Is there a photo that shows one of these gents in something other than his everyday garb?
Winner! Congratulations, Sen. Brown. May you
stand tallslump awkwardly as America's next Rumpliest Senator.
Photos by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images News/Getty Images, Ibid., Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call Group/Getty Images, and Douglas Graham/CQ-Roll Call Group/Getty Images, respectively
Tags: Bernie Sanders, Carl Levin, Senate, Sherrod Brown
* Here's a documentary about comedian-turned-NYC mayoral candidate Randy Credico.
* If you missed Rand Paul's filibuster, check out the 120-second version.
* The Bulls and other teams with horns Dennis Rodman wants to join.
* UCBComedy tries to figure out the FCC's censorship guidelines. [NSFW]
* President Obama shows his willingness to reach across the aisle for a bill.
* Magic School Bus teacher Ms. Frizzle gets raked over the coals at a local PTA meeting.
* A Pennsylvania councilman sent an inappropriate email, which means he's ready for Congress!
Tags: Barack Obama, Dennis Rodman, Drugs, Education, Fashion, FCC, Filibuster, Michelle Obama, New York City, Pennsylvania, PTA, Rand Paul, Randy Credico, Satan, Sequester, The New Yorker, UCB