* The 2016 Democratic primaries are really heating up. Seems later than I would have thought.
* Listen to Indecision editorial producer Mary Phillips-Sandy on WNYC's Brian Lehrer Show from this morning. Wow! She actually kind of makes us sound like we know what we're talking about.
* Also check her out on the Polioptics show on SiriusXM Satellite Radio "POTUS" Channel 124 at either 6am / 5c, 12pm/11c or 6pm / 5c.
* And don't forget to join us on our Election Companion App for iPad and iPhone as we liveblog House Speaker John Boehner's appearance on State of the Union, 9am/ 8c (and then again at noon) on CNN. The Speaker is likely to be pricklier than a hedgehog at a junky convention.
Tags: al Qaeda, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Military, Osama bin Laden, Pork Barrel, Terrorism
Jeeze. Karl Rove sure a hard guy to impress. What do you have to do — short of starting two wars and decimating your country's good-standing in the world — to get this guy to admit you achieved anything of note?
"As for the killing of Osama bin Laden, Mr. Obama did what virtually any commander in chief would have done in the same situation.
"Even President Bill Clinton says in the film "that's the call I would have made." For this to be portrayed as the epic achievement of the first term tells you how bare the White House cupboards are."*
Well, not any commander in chief.
* Let's ignore that that's a misquoting and misrepresentation of Bill Clinton, because, really, it's closer to a truthful statement than the inventor os Karl Rove's secret math has made in months.
Photo by Tom Pennington/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: al Qaeda, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, George Bush, Karl Rove, Military, Mitt Romney, Osama bin Laden, Terrorism
The Colbert Report airs Monday through Thursday at 11:30/10:30c.
Tags: al Qaeda, Anwar al-Awlaki, Department of Justice, Eric Holder, Judiciary, Obama Administration, Stephen Colbert, Supreme Court, Terrorism, The Colbert Report, Video, Yemen
Do you ever have one of those days when you mean to invite the world's most-wanted terrorist over to the White House for a beer summit but instead order a SEAL team to shoot him dead?
I hate it when that happens. As Fox News's Sean Hannity explained — shortly after breaking into Rush Limbaugh's drug stash apparently – Barack Obama had exactly that kind of experience, as the raid against bin Laden "wouldn't have happened if [Obama] had his way, and that can be proven, as well, on tape."
One wonders how the current Republican contenders would have dealt with bin Laden. Ron Paul remembers a time before Congress ruined everything with "standing armies" and "special forces" when letters of marque and reprisal and fabulous, fabulous prizes were all we needed to fight bad guys. Newt Gingrich? Lectures on secular-Islamic fundamentalism broadcast through drone-based loudspeakers throughout the Af-Pak region would have driven bin Laden to suicide long ago. And I think Rick Santorum is okay with how things went down, provided no gay solider was there to gay up the killing with his gayness.
As for what really transpired, Hannity is obviously the first person the president confides in, so who are we to doubt his contention that Obama can't do anything right? Even when his policy-goal is a relatively modest of one "don't hunt down an infamous mass murderer who has evaded detection for a decade," he still manages to screw it up and kill the guy.
Photo by Chris McKay/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
Tags: al Qaeda, Barack Obama, Fox News, Osama bin Laden, Sean Hannity, Terrorism