Welcome to week 4 of RAAL (Rolling Across the Aisle Laughing). We took last week off to do some fundraising in the Hamptons, but this week we're back and ready to elect a new jokester-in-chief. Congratulations to lefty @BorowitzReport for getting the best of liberals in week 3.
Our jokes this week come in the form of comics. Take a look at both and then vote in the comments section. You'll have to do a little more work for the right-wing comic (by clicking the link), but on the bright side, you get to write it off on your taxes.
IN THE LEFT CORNER
— GoComics Liberal (@GoComicsLiberal) September 21, 2012
IN THE RIGHT CORNER
— GoComics Conserv (@GoComicsConserv) September 21, 2012
Tags: Andy Borowitz, Conservatives, Democrats, Fundraising, Liberals, RAAL, Republicans
* The Adventures of Kim Jong Un Part II, from College Humor.
* This poor 16-year-old was in high school when she became president.
* Because it turns out reality is stranger than fiction.
* SNL is going to get all up this election year's guts.
* This election's attack ads are bad, but it could be worse.
* What happens when you let Lord Voldemort start a Super PAC.
* Kim Jong-un's wedding vows, via The Borowitz Report.
* From The Onion: When Mitt Romney's away, the voters will play.
* Ren and Stimpy creator wants to make a new cartoon about George Liquor, AMERICAN!
Tags: Andy Borowitz, Mitt Romney, New Jersey, Republicans, Saturday Night Live, Senate, Super PACs, The New Yorker, The Onion
* Republican redheads have to step gingerly, from Funny or Die.
* Mitt Romney has a sadz.
* President Galifianakis has a nice ring to it.
* THREE CHEERS FOR THE BOROWITZ REPORT!
* Freedom's just another word for a colostomy bag full of booze.
* Do you love putting on make-up? Well, you're gonna love SCIENCE!
* The Exquisite Freedoms of Michael P. Dodderton, from McSweeney's.
* The Onion asks people where they get their news, and the answer may surprise you.
* This jumbotron fairy tale is only slightly marred by Joe Biden's crazy smile at the end.
Tags: Andy Borowitz, Daily Links, Joe Biden, Malia Obama, Michelle Obama, Mitt Romney, Olympics, Red State, Republicans, Science & Technology, Sports, The New Yorker, Will Ferrell, Women's Rights
The Borowitz Report reports…
Starting this week, Mr. Obama will host a series of town halls to roll out new features of his health care plan which will extend health care coverage to "all idiotic Americans," in the words of one White House source.
"We clearly underestimated the role that doofuses and dimwits were going to play in this debate," the source said. "We want to send them the message that this plan will give them coverage – but we need to come up with a one-syllable word for 'coverage.'"
How about "covr'ge"? It's also easier to spell and doesn't have nearly as much nuance.
Tags: Andy Borowitz, Barack Obama, Health Care