President Obama will close out the 2012 Democratic National Convention in September with an acceptance speech at Bank of America stadium in Charlotte, N.C., party sources told the Charlotte Observer.
If you took footage of the President in 2012 delivering a speech at a place called Bank of American Stadium and sent it back in time to the year 1993, the footage could be used for a heavy-handed, on-the-nose political commentary scene in Robocop 3.
The open-air venue, which seats more than 73,000, would significantly expand access to Obama's speech for his supporters and the public and replicate the dramatic setting from four years ago.
Note the fantastic use of the word replicate. Liberals will feign emotion as the candidate they pretend to still be in love with takes the stage and purports to still be a Democrat.
Photo by Olivier Douliery-Pool/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Bank of America, Banks, Barack Obama, Democratic National Convention, North Carolina
* Obama could improve his ratings with a little elbow… to the face! From the Onion.
* Comedians James Adomian and Trey Galyon live from Occupy Wall Street on the "Fawkes News" podcast.
* "SolyndraGatePocalypse" from animator Mark Fiore.
* Rick Perry knows the word "onerous" but not when the American Revolution happened, from HuffPoComedy and Twitter.
* Pros and Cons of watching the GOP debate, from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
* Woody Guthrie, Lee Greenwood, and now, Eli Braden.
Tags: American Revolution, Banks, Barack Obama, Daily Links, Debates, Education, Guy Fawkes, Jimmy Fallon, Occupy Wall Street, Republicans, Rick Perry, Solyndra, Texas, Twitter
Look, these comparisons between the two major protest movements of the past few years are waaaay off base. The hippies at Occupy Wall Street don't have their shit together nearly as well the Tea Party people. As far as I can tell, they haven't even nailed down any corporate sponsorship yet…
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11/10c.
Tags: Banks, Economy, Fox, House of Representatives, Jon Stewart, Nazis, Occupy Wall Street, Protesters, Sean Hannity, Senate, Steve Doocy, Tea Party, The Daily Show, Video