After Bob Woodward revealed that a White House official told him he would "regret" saying Barack Obama is negotiating the sequester in bad faith, the internet rage-o-sphere demanded to know the identity of this goon and the nature of his threat.
Now we know: the thug in question is Director of the National Economic Council Gene Sperling, and his vicious email to Woodward begins: "I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today."
If that doesn't make your blood run cold, this will: "I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim." Ooooh. That sounds like… a warning that a journalist may be getting the story wrong, not a threat. Then again, this Gene Sperling is a very intimidating character:
Tags: Barack Obama, Bob Woodward, Gene Sperling, Media, Sequester
* It's the Sasha & Malia Show, starring Franchesca Ramsey and Abbi Crutchfield.
* "We're talking about sex in space, folks."
* Donald Tump gets photobombed.
* A new book looks at how Women Make Noise.
* Nathan Fielder has advice for his interviewers.
* David Neevel wants to get the cream out of there.
* Achewood is looking for a new television home.
* A fight over the Massachusetts state song: Jonathan Richman vs. Aerosmith.
Tags: Barack Obama, Daily Links, Donald Trump, Malia Obama, Massachusetts, Michelle Obama, Sasha Obama, Science & Technology, Secret Service, Sex, Space
* Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon, living in perfect harmony.
* Politicians just don't understand poor people.
* Abraham Lincoln gets dolled up for the Oscars.
* From last month's comedy issue, but in case you slept on it: Vanity Fair profiled the incomparable Tig Notaro.
* The worst football stadiums named by corporate sponsors.
* Celebrate Purim with four hilarious stories fron Vox Tablet.
Tags: Abraham Lincoln, Barack Obama, Daily Links, FBI, Jewish, Jimmy Fallon, Poverty, Stephen Colbert, Tig Notaro
* Memorize this video to impress people at parties.
* The full gamut of Britain's greatness.
* Spielberg pitches "Lincoln 2: Andrew Johnson."
* These historical markers have a message.
* If you love comedy and books, this list is for you.
* First, they came for our children's yoga program…
* The Probably Science Podcast talks about awesome science-y stuff.
* President Obama asks Kid President to promote the White House Easter egg hunt.
Tags: Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Johnson, Barack Obama, Daily Links, Easter, Education, Meteor, Religion, Science & Technology, Steven Spielberg