My love for you is like executive power: ever expanding #PoliticalValentines
— Baratunde (@baratunde) February 14, 2013
Roses are red / violets are blue / loopholes in international law let me indefinitely detain you. #PoliticalValentines
— LindseyL. (@LindseyOnDemand) February 14, 2013
Tags: Baratunde Thurston, Pork Barrel, Tweet Untweet, Twitter
* Martin Short and Bill Hader discuss the royal ladyparts.
* From The Onion: Illegalize me!
* Holiday guilt trips, from UCB Comedy.
* Gifs make the fiscal cliff fun. No, really!
* You have the right to read this Cracked article.
* A little heavy, but an amazing series of 2012 photographs.
* Jimmy Kimmel gets some surprising answers about the fiscal cliff.
* These countries won't get fooled by fake news again (but fingers crossed!).
* NASA is confident the world isn't going to end Friday. A little too confident.
* Frank Conniff + Baratunde Thurston on the Beginnings podcast = very entertaining.
Tags: Baratunde Thurston, Christmas, Civil Rights, Guns, Kate Middleton, Martin Short, NASA, Queen Elizabeth II, The Onion
* Kristen Stewart teaches us about the 4th of July.
* So You Think You Can Dance to the National Anthem?
* Ronald Reagan Riding a Velociraptor is all I should need to say.
* The seventeen people to avoid at a 4th of July cookout, from Funny or Die.
* The New Yorker puts together an eclectic slideshow of American flag photos.
* From the BaratundeCast, Frederick Douglass also teaches us about the 4th of July.
Tags: 4th of July, Baratunde Thurston, Daily Links, Funny or Die, Slavery, The Onion
Good news, America! We took America back last night! Or did someone else take it back from us? Who knows. Friend-of-Indecision Baratunde Thurston definitely doesn't.
Tags: Baratunde Thurston, Bloggers on Camera, Cramming for Midterms, House of Representatives, Kentucky, Rand Paul, The Onion, Video
Hello citizens! I'm comedian and regular Indecision contributor Sara Benincasa, and it is my great honor to belatedly announce my top-secret candidacy and subsequent election to the office of Indecision Delegate! And my campaign slogan, "I WILL ROCK YOUR FACE OFF!" has taken such root in the hearts and minds of my supporters that I've chosen to continue its use throughout my tenure ("Yes we can!" is soooo 2008.)
"But Sara," you may protest, "I didn't even get to vote for you! Nor was I made aware of any such campaign and/or candidacy! I didn't even know that 'Indecision Delegate' was a thing. Is that really a thing? It sounds like something you just made up. Did you just make that up?"
Oh, haha, you wacky jokester! Of course it is a thing, and after my top-secret, illegal and undemocratic election, I'm revving up to road-trip down to D.C for the impending midterm elections (and a certain pair of dueling political rallies led by Famous Entertainment Personages.) There will be blog posts. There will be videos. There will be tomfoolery. There will be haberdashery, scrimshaw and a host of other outdated trades. Essentially, it's going to be really flippin' awesome and will surely provide a complement to the fine works of my fellow midterm specialists Eugene Mirman, Baratunde Thurston, and Dan St. Germain.
So join me, dear Americans, on a journey of epic and fantastic proportions. Together, we'll go deep into the bewitchingly glorious hearts of the Angles, O'Donnells, Reids and Paladinos of this bold nation. I pledge to represent you to the best of my superhuman, sexy ability as I embark on the greatest quest any journalist has ever known: to make amusing statements about midterm elections. Onward and upward! I WILL ROCK YOUR FACE OFF!
Tags: Baratunde Thurston, Cramming for Midterms, Dan St. Germain, Eugene Mirman, March to Keep Fear Alive, Midterms, Rally to Restore Sanity, Sara Benincasa