Fox News' Greg Gutfeld laments the woeful end of American exceptionalism…
"It's almost as though America is the fat kid who shed pounds of greatness. And we've become Belgium of the West."
I'm sure a large portions of the country would be fine with this so long as it came with more waffles.
Tags: Belgium, Fox News, Greg Gutfeld, Quote Unquote
* Big question on the Internet today: Why is Rick Perry wearing Heath Ledger's coat from Brokeback Mountain in his big new anti-gay ad? Better question: Has he been using Heath Ledger's character from The Dark Knight in everything always?
* 47 to 1 Dislike to Like ratio for Perry's ad on YouTube. Surprisingly popular!
* Bill O'Reilly, it turns out, does not like being Bill O'Reilly-ed.
* Michele Bachmann's still on the fence about whether or not she has any shame.
* Donald Trump, meanwhile, suffers from no such qualms.
* Belgium just swore in its new French-speaking, openly-gay, atheist Socialist prime minister. Sigh… Every liberal's dream.
Tags: Atheists, Belgium, Bill O'Reilly, Donald Trump, LGBT, Michele Bachmann, Movies, Pork Barrel, Primaries, Republicans, Rick Perry
You ever have one of those weeks where it seems no matter how many blood sacrifices you make to your tribal deity, things don't get any easier? This is totally one of those weeks!
Coverage continues with Rick Perry's patriotic non-political America prayers after the jump.
The Colbert Report airs Monday through Thursday at 11:30pm / 10:30c.
Tags: Belgium, Bill of Rights, Christianity, Colbert Super PAC, Constitution, Debt, Dow Jones, Economy, Iowa, Iowa Straw Poll, Money, New Zealand, Primaries, Religion, Republicans, Rick Perry, Standard & Poor's, Texas, Wall Street
From Belgium, a story of hope…
Belgium has been without a government for 250 days — breaking a modern-day record that was held by Iraq — and some Belgians managed to joke about it…
Across the country, Belgians marked the event with mock celebrations toasting their non-government leaders who haven't been able to form a working coalition since elections in June, The Guardian reported Friday.
We can get there, America.
We can get there.