* College Humor imagines a more modern signing of the Declaration.
* "Me Romney. You HuffPo."
* McSweeney's asks: Glam rocker or U.S. President?
* Are you smarter than a 5-year-old's understanding of American History?
* High school photos of 69 of your favorite politicians.
* Mitt Romney gets some much-needed sexual appeal cred, from The Onion.
Tags: Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Jackson, Benjamin Franklin, College Humor, Daily Links, Declaration of Independence, Huffington Post, Mitt Romney
* Pulling out of Iraq has some unintended consequences, from College Humor.
* The Bain hate train stops here.
* If Herman Cain had a "kill list" it would be hilarious.
* What other shenanigans has the Secret Service been up to?
* Me the People is a hilarious new book from Kevin Bleyer that rewrites the Constitution.
* Politwoops, a site that collects politician's deleted tweets/reminds them that the internet is forever.
Tags: Bain Capital, Barack Obama, Benjamin Franklin, College Humor, Constitution, Daily Links, Funny or Die, George Washington, Herman Cain, Iran, Iraq, Michele Bachmann, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Pakistan, Rick Santorum, Secret Service, The Daily Show, Twitter
History, they say, is written by the winners. But then, however, it's rewritten by a bunch of dudes in discount tricorne hats and colonial soldier costumes.
The Colbert Report airs Monday through Thursday at 11:30/10:30c.
Tags: Benjamin Franklin, Education, Founding Fathers, George Washington, Native American, Slavery, Stephen Colbert, Tea Party, Tennessee, The Colbert Report, Thomas Jefferson, Video
This segment on Arizona's new mandatory minority harassment law is brand-new fresh-out-of-the-packaging correspondent Olivia Munn's first field piece for The Daily Show, and I think she handled it perfectly. (Naysayers, to you, I say disagree.) It's unfortunate that she looks kind of foreigny and has been indefinitely detained by Arizona authorities. I would have liked to have seen more pieces from her….
More Daily Show coverage on Arizona's Law SP1070 after the jump…
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11pm / 10c.
Tags: Arizona, Benjamin Franklin, Constitution, Founding Fathers, Immigration, Jon Stewart, Mexico, Olivia Munn, Racism, The Daily Show, Travel
Paul "The Smartest Man in the Universe" Whitfield has just published something very interesting on Investors' Business Daily (and it only took him a week of intense thought to come up with it)…
In 1754, Lt. Col. George Washington quit the Virginia militia, an obscure fact that now seems a bit more interesting in the wake of Gov. Sarah Palin's resignation in Alaska.
You know, now that I think about it, Benjamin Franklin wore glasses… just like Sarah Palin!
And Abraham Lincoln was known for his penchant for breathing oxygen… just like Sarah Palin. They're practically the same person!
(via Andrew Sullivan)
Tags: Abraham Lincoln, Benjamin Franklin, Sarah Palin