Bernie Madoff, Mr. Ashen-Faced Jew New York 2009, is going to jail after pleading guilty to killing landmine orphans, or whatever it is that made everyone hate him so much:
Bernie Madoff's bail was revoked today after he pleaded guilty to 11 counts of fraud in the biggest swindle ever. He'll be formally sentenced on June 16 and faces a maximum sentence of 150 years.
Madoff had been allowed to stay in his expensive Manhattan apartment on bail before today's plea. But that's all changed.
Madoff is now in jail at the Metropolitan Corrections Center, very near the Federal courthouse building where he made his plea.
And he is now known as inmate #61727054.
Non-union auditions for the police captain who will pursue Madoff (61727054) for the rest of his life will take place tomorrow at Chelsea Studios, 9:00a.m.-6:00p.m..
Up-tempo selections only. Be advised — the State of New York will stop you after 16 bars.
Tags: Bernie Madoff, Economy
* The Weekly Standard's Fred Barnes won't do your research for you. Hey, he won't even do his own research for himself!
* If you think the Bernie Madoff scandal makes you sick now, wait till you experience it in musical form.
* Facebook group "1,000,000 Strong to Strip the Mormon Church of its Tax Exempt Status" only short by about 9,995,000 members or so.
* Reason mag looks into President Obama's War on the Economy.
* Joe Lieberman, just as popular in his home state as you'd expect him to be.
* I almost wrote that Governor Schwarzenegger was planning to terminate thousands of jobs, but then I thought better of it.
Tags: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Barack Obama, Bernie Madoff, California, Climate Change, Connecticut, Economy, Environment, Joe Lieberman, LGBT, Libertarian, Mormon, Pork Barrel, Proposition 8, Religion, Stimulus, Weekly Standard