The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11/10c.
Coverage continues with Kristen Schaal's profanity-laden stand-up routine for conservatives after the jump.
Tags: Bill Maher, Conservatives, Contraception, Fox News, Gretchen Carlson, Jon Stewart, Kristen Schaal, Liberals, Men and Women, Oklahoma, Republicans, Rush Limbaugh, Sandra Fluke, Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity, Sex, Ted Nugent, The Daily Show, Video, Women's Rights
Rush Limbaugh and comedian Bill Maher are pretty far apart on the political spectrum. So, it was surprising to see Maher come to the defense of the right-wing radio demagogue for his offensive remarks about birth-control advocate Sandra Fluke.
Maher tweeted yesterday…
Hate to defend #RushLimbaugh but he apologized, liberals looking bad not accepting. Also hate intimidation by sponsor pullout
Listen, I like Bill Maher. He's a great political satirist. But it's hard not to cringe when when he drops a c-bomb or calls female politicians like Sarah Palin a "dumb twat" and a "bimbo." (Although, to be fair, Palin is totally a bimbo.)
Is this some kind of liberal double standard? Not at all. I'd rather have someone call me a bitch than treat me like one. And I'd much rather have someone call me a slut than deny me affordable health care.
Let's take the misogyny out of political commentary and keep it where it belongs — almost everywhere else in politics.
Photo by Michael Buckner/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
Tags: Bill Maher, Comedians, Health Care, Men and Women, Rush Limbaugh, Sandra Fluke, Women's Rights
* Callista Gingrich defends her marriage, from Funny or Die.
* Seven failed anti-Obama slogans from comedian Dave Ross.
* The New Yorker's political cartoon of the day.
* Joseph Gordon-Levitt helps Songify the News.
* Bill Maher sounds like a hippie to the hip hip hop and he don't stop…
Tags: Barack Obama, Bill Maher, Callista Gingrich, Daily Links, Debates, Funny or Die, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich
* Jason Sudeikis warms up his Mitt Romney impression on SNL.
* Via HuffPo Comedy, Bill Maher's new rules.
* People are talking about Huntsman (well, 3 people), from The Onion.
* Great responses to Romney's "dog on the car roof" story.
* If Politicians ran on issues the internet cared about, from Cracked.
Tags: Barack Obama, Bill Maher, Daily Links, Internet, Jon Huntsman, Mitt Romney, Saturday Night Live, The Onion
* Free bananas from Ron Paul, from Bad Lip Reading.
* From National Lampoon, Silvio Burslusconi SINGS!
* iPhone reminders for Herman Cain's next interview.
* Via Laughing Squid, a Pong metaphor for the Occupy Protest Movement.
* Bill Maher and Jimmy Fallon talk Cain and Perry.
* Kristen Wiig's plan for global warming, from Funny or Die.
* David Letterman's tops 9-9-9 tonight with Herman Cain.
Tags: Bill Maher, Climate Change, Daily Links, David Letterman, Funny or Die, Herman Cain, House of Representatives, Jimmy Fallon, Kristen Wiig, Occupy Wall Street, Republicans, Ron Paul