* A documentary about science and being not smart.
* Bo Obama has important duties too.
* Why we took cocaine out of soda, from The Atlantic.
* Twelve drunk texts from history.
* Some idiot took his dog to the pound because "it was gay."
* A few days before his son Michael got married, Ronald Reagan sent him this letter of advice.
* Conan O'Brien's prop master shows us how to do the Super Bowl on the cheap.
* The best 30 Rock quotes. ps. If you DVR the finale tonight, be sure to add extra time–word is there's something worth watching in the tag.
Tags: Bo Obama, Cocaine, Conan O'Brien, Daily Links, Funny or Die, Hollywood, LGBT, Michael Reagan, Nancy Reagan, Ronald Reagan, Science & Technology, The Atlantic, White House
Barack Obama took to Twitter this morning, giving everyone a break from the "omg this line is long" and "it's cold" tweets emanating from the capital:
I'm honored and grateful that we have a chance to finish what we started. Our work begins today. Let's go. -bo
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) January 21, 2013
According to the White House, tweets signed "-bo" are authored by President Obama himself. Interesting, since the president was attending a pre-inaugural service at St. John's Episcopal Church when the tweet was sent. Perhaps the president's staff schedules tweets written by Obama.
Or maybe the president is about to live-tweet the rest of his second term, starting with his own inaugural address:
Tags: Barack Obama, Bo Obama, Inauguration, Twitter
As part of some kind diversionary tactic in the War on Christmas, The White House posted a very cute video of Bo Obama inspecting all the Christmas trees he will not be allowed to pee on this holiday season. Personally, I'm amazed Republicans are letting Bo perform this vital function without Senate confirmation. There's no way the next Democratic president isn't getting so much as a First Goldfish until John McCain hears answers on Benghazi.
I'm less surprised that Bo's cuteness failed to create a ceasefire in the YouTube comment wars…
Tags: Bo Obama, Christmas, White House, YouTube
In the United States, it takes a village to raise a child off the couch. That's why Michelle Obama started the Healthy Lunchtime Challenge, which challenged kids to redistribute healthy ingredients into socialist recipes that undermine the freedom of fast food establishments all over this great land o' plenty.
The winners of the challenge were then honored by being invited to the White House for a lunch of cabbage, zucchini and kale. As if that wasn't enough to make them lifelong Republicans, they then received a surprise appearance and admonishment from President Obama…
The president told the group not to spill anything on the floor.
"I only have one request for you, and that is try not to drop any scraps on the floor, because Bo is on a diet right now, and he will eat anything that he sees, especially some of the tasty meals that you guys have prepared," Obama said.
A dog that would eat kale chips? Not in my America. So how did the kids like their health food with a side of "Don't mess up my carpet"? When asked what his favorite thing to eat was, winner Michael Lakind of Texas quickly responded, "steak."
Oh, well. You can't blame the Obamas for trying.
Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Barack Obama, Bo Obama, Michelle Obama, Republicans, White House
* The White House just tweeted this photo, in an obvious attempt to show voters that the President is so dedicated to his job that he's taking his meals in the Oval Office.
* Michele Bachmann unveils the liberal lamestream media's transparent scheme to win the health care battle by complimenting Anthony Kennedy for his dreamy transfixing eyes (or something not all that much less silly).
* While we're on the subject of Enquirer-esque revelations from Rep. Bachmann, have you heard about all those Muslim Brotherhood agents who have infiltrated in the DOJ, Homeland Security and NIA?
* A Politico reporter was suspended for making distasteful sensational remarks about a presidential candidate. Odd. Normally, they're given promotions.
Tags: Anthony Kennedy, Barack Obama, Bo Obama, Department of Justice, Health Care, Homeland Security, Islam, Judiciary, Marco Rubio, Meet the Press, Michele Bachmann, NBC, NIA, Pork Barrel, Puppies!, Racism, Religion, Senate, Spying, Supreme Court