Aww, how cute! Turns out Canada has its own get-together of conservative activists. It's a lot like America's CPAC, except it's called the Manning Networking Conference and there is approximately 180 percent more apologizing.
Best of all, instead of inviting asshats like Donald Trump to the party, their special guest speaker this morning was Ron Paul. Obviously, the best thing about Ron Paul in Canada is everything. The other highlights?
Tags: Canada, Ron Paul
* Neil deGrasse Tyson knows everything about Gods, too.
* Friday is a great day to watch goats yelling like people.
* Inside the military strategy of The Empire Strikes Back.
* An argument for naturalization, from our own River Clegg.
* Universal health care and their Parliament debates zombies?
* Fictional presidents that actually sound pretty good nowadays.
* Jeopardy boss and funny person Ken Jenning's weekly news quiz.
* The Dana Gould Hour has two Boston guys talking politics (not Affleck and Damon).
Pardon me, but would you mind if I told you how they do scandals in Canada?
According to the experts, there's something un-Canadian about the design of the new $20 bill. No, it's not the visage of Queen Elizabeth, reminding everyone that even constitutional monarchies are built on a principle of inequality stemming from the fact that one British family is better and more worthy of privilege than any citizen of Canada, thanks to magical genes.
It's much worse than that: the maple leaf on the bill… is an immigrant.
Tags: Canada, Money
For those of us who wanted to believe, it came as sad news that this "Golden Eagle Snatches Kid" video was a hoax concocted by students at Centre NAD in Montreal. We should have been suspicious from the start: a Canadian eagle wouldn't so much as flutter a hair on a baby's head without squawking a profuse apology in English and French, as required by Canadian law.
No, to snatch a baby, it takes a powerful eagle. A manly eagle. An American eagle. History proves it:
Tags: Animals, Canada, Children