* NBC cancels Ann Coulter, ushers in period of unambiguous liberal pandering.
* What do you think "Saddlebacking" really means?
* Did JFK sleep with the fishes?
* Who's a funnier Senator: Roland Burris or Al Franken?
* Fickle New Yorkers want more out of senator than pretty genes.
* Chris Matthews' brother denies Chris Matthews will run for Senate, fueling speculation that Chris Matthews will run for Senate.
Tags: Al Franken, Ann Coulter, Caroline Kennedy, Chris Matthews, John Kennedy, MSNBC, NBC, Pork Barrel, Roland Burris, Senate, Today Show
* The NYT reports on exclusion of word "gullible" from new edition of OED…
* …follows up by blowing lid off left-wing conspiracy in support of bogus theory of "gravity."
* White House calls out NYT for the blackness of its kettle.
* PZ Myers is rightfully honored to be recognized by Andrew Sullivan as one of the best purveyors of "divisive, bitter and intemperate left-wing rhetoric."
* Will Barack Obama take the oath of office on a homosexual atheist's bible?
* Dick Cheney and Joe Biden need to get a room already.
* Al Franken leads Norm Coleman by even more people than went to see that Stuart Smiley movie.
Tags: Abraham Lincoln, Al Franken, Andrew Sullivan, Barack Obama, Caroline Kennedy, Christianity, Dick Cheney, Environment, France, George W. Bush, Inauguration, Joe Biden, Libertarian, Minnesota, New York Times, Norm Coleman, Pork Barrel, PZ Myers, Science & Technology, Senate
Emily Bazelon, over on Slate, sees something disturbingly familiar in the possible appointment of Caroline Kennedy as senator from New York…
Obviously for some women (including me), it's exciting and somehow fitting to imagine a woman taking over Hillary Clinton's seat. But is that reason to overlook Kennedy's lack of most of the usual qualifications, like holding public office?
Framed this way, how different would her ascension be, really, from the pole vault that Sarah Palin tried?
Excuse me, but did Bazelon just call Kennedy a pig that wears lipstick?
No? Oh, okay. Well, let me know if anybody does. I much prefer that kind of political debate. It's much easier to make funny.
Tags: Caroline Kennedy, New York, Sarah Palin, Senate
Rep. Charlie Rangel is totally calling Caroline Kennedy a dude…
RAFAEL PI ROMAN: Lastly, I know you talked to Governor Paterson about the replacement for Senator Clinton, I was wondering if you have any favorites among the candidates that are being discussed?
CONGESSMAN RANGEL: Well the governor has already made up his mind and he shared it with me, and I support that he's going to select the best possible candidate that he can.
RAFAEL PI ROMAN: When are we going to find that out?
CONGESSMAN RANGEL: When he selects him.
Oh, snap! I totally went there.
Tags: Caroline Kennedy, Charlie Rangel, David Paterson, House of Representatives, New York, Senate
Okay, so who exactly is this Caroline Kennedy person who wants to be a senator?
The name kind of rings a bell…
Tags: Caroline Kennedy, New Old News, New York, Senate