Michelle Malkin, truthmongerer, has compiled a blistering expose of Bob Schieffer's top seven moments of liberal bias.
Michelle, you are on to something. In fact, we've uncovered even more evidence that the final debate moderator is a raging liberal in unbiased clothing…
His middle name is Lloyd, just like this guy.
Tags: Bob Schieffer, CBS, Debates, Michelle Malkin
Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! I meant to get this Top Ten list of of ridiculously stupid things that President Obama should definitely avoid saying on The Late Show with David Letterman up on the blog before his scheduled appearance the other night. Unfortunately, I got all distracted by this video of a monkey wrestling with a puppy, and before I knew it, I was too late.
As it turns out, he really could have used my advice…
When asked if he remember what the national debt was when he entered office, President Obama said "I don't know what the number was precisely." Obama told Letterman "we don't have to worry about it short term."
If only I had gotten this post up on time! Aaargh! He somehow managed to hit two of my ten trouble statements within seconds of each other. Look…
1. "I don't know what the national debt number is precisely."
Definitely don't say this or any variation of this. It hits exactly at conservative's biggest criticism of you. You can't make yourself look like you're uninformed about one of the biggest issues of the day. And, besides, it's not like it's difficult information to find. Remember that giant debt clock the Republicans had at their convention, so maybe refer to that.
2. "I suspect there might be werewolves, or possibly Frankensteins, hiding inside the walls of the White House."
This kind of paranoid rhetoric is not going to instill confidence in voters who are looking for an even-keeled rationalist to be in charge. Plus, it's really more of a Michele Bachmann-esque talking point.
3. "We don't have to worry about the national debt in the short term."
Again, you can't make yourself look like you somehow don't care about the national debt. Republicans are going to keep hammering away at this issue. See #1.
Tags: Barack Obama, CBS, David Letterman, Debt, Television
Ancestry.com, a genealogy site which will tell you if you're related to George Washington, but will leave out all the thieves, rapists and cutthroats in between, recently announced our nation's first black president is related to our nation's first known slave.
Three hundred years from now, some kid is going to run into the alien-controlled salt-mine where he works without health insurance and tell all the other child drone workers that his clone-father performed a genealogy test using the Internet implanted in his frontal cortex to discover that he is related, through the DNA of the laboratory womb used to birth him, to the PR guy who somehow got CBS to devote air time to this non-story.
Tags: Barack Obama, CBS, Slavery
* Mitt Romney demands that Barack Obama apologize for pointing out things for which Mitt Romney is demanding an apology. Or something equally sensible.
* Ezra Klein comes up with 14 reasons why this is the worst Congress ever. Just 14? I can think of something more in the neighborhood of 535.
* Do Condoleezza Rice's reasoned non-knee jerk opinions about abortion disqualify her as a make-believe Vice Presidential pick?
* Download the Indecision Election Companion, our free app for your iPhone and iPad, and climb up into the the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — to watch and respond as Charlie Rose talks with Barack and Michelle Obama on CBS Sunday Morning this Sunday morning at 9am/8c.
Tags: Abortion, Bain Capital, Barack Obama, CBS, Charlie Rose, Condoleezza Rice, Michelle Obama, Mitt Romney, Pork Barrel, Veepstakes
House Speaker John Boehner will stop by CBS's "Face the Nation" this Sunday, and we'll be covering it as the action unfolds. Get our free app for iPad and iPhone and join our liveblog, starting at 10:30 a.m.
Think of us as a TV-watching friend who won't drink your orange juice or take away your birth control.
Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: CBS, Election Companion App, John Boehner