* You've got to admit. Former RNC chair Michael Steele seems a lot less silly all of a sudden.
* One small business owner is doing his part to help fix Obama's devastatingly not-so-bad employment numbers.
* Why won't David Petraeus release the birth certificate of the person he was sleeping with?! I'm just asking questions, people!
* The leader of the Tea Party Express is suddenly against tossing around blame. Next thing you know, she's going to place a moratorium on Uncle Sam hats and unintentionally-ironic protest signs.
* Download our free iPhone and iPad app Indecision Election Companion and jump up into the the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — to watch and respond as David Axelrod and Lindsey Graham discuss election results on CBS' Face the Nation this sunday at 10:30 am ET
Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Chelsea Clinton, David Petraeus, Michael Steele, Pork Barrel, Reince Priebus, RNC, Unemployment
While the daughters of other famous politicians were off famewhoring themselves to the nearest cable news network, posing as serious journalists or “strategists,” Democratic scion Chelsea Clinton remained largely impervious to the temptations of political celebrity. Until now. Clinton’s transition from private citizen to Meghan McCain-izen was completed last night as she made her debut on NBC’s Rock Center with a cloying human interest story about an Arkansas after-school program for poor kids.
Sure, she's cashing in on the Clinton name, bypassing hundreds of more qualified professional journalists, to report on the political equivalent of cute cat videos. But she's doing it FOR THE CHILDREN. Just like her dead grandmother told her to. How dare you question the dying wishes of Dorothy Rodham!
As far as I'm concerned, Chelsea Clinton is performing a valuable public service. No, not by highlighting Americans who are making a difference in their communities, but by getting us all accustomed to seeing her face on TV everyday.
Trust me, you'll thank her next year when she's running for Congress.
Tags: Chelsea Clinton, NBC
* Remember back when newly-appointed Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich ushered in a golden age of Republican dominance and Chris Farley walked the Earth as a comedy giant?
* Oh, wait, scratch that. Looks like it was actually Rick Santorum who ushered in that Republican golden age. Serves me right for believing books and historical records.
* Dan Quayle offers his support to Mitt Romney, in an obvious act of JC Penney's model solidarity.
* Chelsea Clinton finally owns up to being a Clinton.
Tags: Chelsea Clinton, Dan Quayle, House of Representatives, Newt Gingrich, Primaries, Republicans, Rick Santorum, Saturday Night Live
It was a big weekend this past weekend! Big big weekend! I never thought this day would come. America finally has a Jewish former president's daughter's husband! Can you believe it? Marc Mezvinsky has really pulled off a major coup for American melting pot enthusiasts. And he's gotten closer to the presidency than Joe Lieberman could ever hope to get.
Obviously, the media treated this event exactly as importantly as it actually was. Thank you, media! You're totally getting invited to my dream wedding in upstate New York!
John Oliver and Wyatt Cenac continue coverage from Rhinebeck, NY after the jump.
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11pm / 10c.
Tags: Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, Christianity, Fox, Hillary Clinton, Jewish, John Oliver, Jon Stewart, New York, Religion, The Daily Show, Video, Wyatt Cenac
It's kind of hard to figure out if Drudge is actually asking why Chelsea Clinton isn't being seriously considered to replace her mother as a senator from New York, or if he's just being a prick and trying to highlight how little public office experience Caroline Kennedy actually has.
Either way, he doesn't seem to be deterred by the fact that Clinton is only 28 years old and therefore two years too young to be a senator, as evidenced by this non-informational parenthetical he includes below the question…
[3 Senators that were constitutionally disqualified due to age WERE admitted to the Senate]
Thanks for the civics lesson, Professor Drudge. We're sure to ace our final with that priceless bit of trivia.
Tags: Caroline Kennedy, Chelsea Clinton, Drudge Report, New York, Senate