Looks like Barack Obama has found his own Joe Lieberman to escort him to Iraq…
The buzz this week that Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska is planning to join Sen. Barack Obama on an up-coming visit to Iraq is correct, two sources with knowledge of the trip confirmed Friday.
While it is standard practice for such trips — known as CODELS, or congressional delegations — to be bipartisan, in this highly charged election year it is likely to raise eyebrows that the retiring Nebraskan senator — a prominent Iraq War critic — is the Republican expected to join the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee on what is sure to be a closely watched visit to the region.
I believe that's Barack Obama saying to John McCain: "Bois votre cigar! Tout seul!"
Or, roughly translated: "Drink your dick! All Alone!"*
* It doesn't have to make sense. It just has to make me laugh. Mission accomplished.
Tags: Barack Obama, Chuck Hagel, Iraq, Joe Lieberman, John McCain, Senate
- We get it. Candidates are just like us. Now stop it, because… ew.
- Huckabee: No no, I'M the gun lover! I've been hunting for years! Gun gun gunny gun gun!
- Romney wins poll taken on tiny island nation from the 19th century.
- 9/11 changed everything — including Giuliani's terrorism policies.
- Hagel: Meet the new tactic, same as the old tactic.
- Clinton nails the bricklayers, picks up a potential VP.
Tags: Barack Obama, Chuck Hagel, Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, Roll Call, Rudy Giuliani