* Soda lovers take their victory to the streets.
* It takes a lot of power to get a roller coaster going.
* If all money looked like this, people probably would save more.
* Political dramas are getting too much like real life.
* An alternate reality where Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were Communists.
* Let's have some fun, this beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your pastoral staff.
* The Fremont City Council meeting will now come to disorder. [NSFW]
Tags: Catholic Church, Communism, Daily Links, Energy & Oil, England, Howard Dean, Lady Gaga, Money, New York City, Queen Elizabeth II, Rob Delaney, Soda Ban, Vatican O'Brien
* Comedian Sara Schaefer is responsible for the financial crisis.
* Speaking of Sara Schaefer, be sure to catch the premiere of Nikki & Sara Live tonight on MTV at 11pm ET. (Unless you hate being happy.)
* Perhaps the greatest gif in history.
* Get excited for this Rob Corddry spy show.
* Florida, you never fail to make us laugh.
* Kumail Nanjiani finds a vegan strip club in Portland, OR.
* A group of UFO believers in Colorado get industrious.
* Andy Richter must be pretty flexible if he can outsource himself.
* The Super Bowl is coming! You should learn how to talk about the Super Bowl.
* Dave Brubeck fought communism with jazz, like the great American he was.
Tags: Anderson Cooper, Andy Richter, China, Colorado, Communism, Conan O'Brien, Daily Links, Financial Reform, Florida, Funny or Die, Kumail Nanjiani, Portland, Rob Corddry, Sara Schaefer, Sports, The Onion, UFO
* Jodie Foster is an inspiration to everyone who is confusing.
* Yeah. There's an inauguration app.
* Bad Lip Reading is getting into sports.
* Martin Luther King was a righteous nerd.
* You'll watch this once, and then 20 more times today.
* David Brooks teaches and gets and lesson in humility.
* Recently discovered photographs of the Russian Revolution.
* Tim Heideker shows us how President Obama will get the flu.
* Each course of this week's Dinner Party is more amazing than the last.
Tags: Communism, Daily Links, David Brooks, Energy & Oil, Guns, Jodie Foster, LGBT, Martin Luther King, NRA, Russia, Sports, Star Trek, Texas, The Atlantic, Tim Heidecker
As a child of the Soviet Union, I'm intimately familiar with the joke, "We pretend to work, and they pretend to pay us." And for years, I've mocked conservatives who see the specter of Stalinization in every regulation promulgated by one of Barack Obama's czars. "It makes no sense," I snarked, "the communists hated czars!"
Lo' and behold, I will have to eat some government-issued crow, as Obama's Sharia socialism is finally coming to fruition. Not only are coal miners — the most prole-y of the stereotypical proletarian trades — being forced to go without pay in my adopted home of free minds and free markets, but they're being forced to do so in order to attend a "political education" session…
Tags: Barack Obama, Communism, Energy & Oil, Mitt Romney, Ohio