* Winner of the O. Henry Pun-Off: Jerzy Gwiazdowski.
* Team Coco vs. Team Kim Jong-Un.
* The most awkward elevator ride in the history of Congress?
* Nathan For You catches a vandal and makes a PSA out of him.
* They don't make filibusters like they used to, do they Strom Thurmond?
* Cracked says space travel sucks because we don't belong there or some nonsense.
* Baby Geniuses podcast talks to Guy Branam about the amazing Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
* If the U.S.S. Monitor had let the Union's blockade fall, we'd all be speaking Confederacy now.
Tags: Civil War, Conan O'Brien, Daily Links, Dennis Rodman, John McCain, Kim Jong-un, Rand Paul, Ruth Bader Ginsburg
* Mark Fiore's new cartoon about Obama's drone justifications.
* Joe Biden must be in the pocket of big shotgun.
* Five countries that are secretly badass.
* An award-winning animated short film on how fast Earth spins beneath us.
* The Los Angeles Review of Books makes a prediction about Nate Silver. See how it feels, buddy.
Tags: Barack Obama, California, Conan O'Brien, Daily Links, Drones, Guns, Joe Biden, Mark Fiore, Nate Silver, Science & Technology, The New Yorker
Excellent news: Conan O'Brien will be the headline entertainer at this year's White House Correspondents Association dinner. Conan last performed at the event, informally known as "nerd prom," in 1995. It's an inspired choice that could only be ruined by having Jay Leno show up to give the primetime performance, pushing Conan to 12:05 AM.
Previous headliners have included Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Meyers, whose acts you can relive right now while awaiting Conan's April 27th appearance:
Tags: Conan O'Brien, Correspondents' Dinner, Washington DC
Probably my least favorite President is that pyramid with the scary eye on top.
— Brandon Gutermuth (@UNTRESOR) February 18, 2013
I was on my way to work this morning when I realized it's Presidents Day and I don't have a job.
— Robin McCauley (@RobinMcCauley) February 18, 2013
Tags: Conan O'Brien, Herman Cain, House of Representatives, President's Day, Tweet Roundup, Twitter, William Howard Taft
* Kid President gets executive on the laws of love.
* A pragmatic approach to affairs of the heart, from Aziz Ansari.
* Team Coco is bowled over by Marco Rubio's gaffe.
* Some Valentine's Day cards that are as funny as they are sad.
* Jen Kirkman as Abbie Hoffman on the Dead Authors Podcast.
* If dating worked like college applications, it would be pretty helpful.
* Thankfully, the origin of "wearing your heart on your sleeve" isn't literal.
* Barenaked Ladies beat me to it: The first ever space-to-earth musical collaboration.
Tags: Abbie Hoffman, Conan O'Brien, Daily Links, Jen Kirkman, Marriage, Marriage Equality, Men and Women, Paul F Tompkins, Space, Valentine's Day