* This isn't creepy at all.
* Arizona has some weird laws: NSFW.
* The Trumans' story. Perfect Valentine's Day reading.
* A Montana TV station warns everyone about a zombie attack.
* Who said it: Charles Manson or Ted Nugent? Frankly, it's hard to tell.
* President Obama gets some much-needed advice for tonight's SOTU.
* If you haven't gotten enough of the Petraeus scandal, here's a new book.
* You might not want to play golf during a thunderstorm, Pope-for-Now Benedict.
Tags: Charles Darwin, Charles Manson, Daily Links, David Petraeus, Energy & Oil, Evolution, Harry S. Truman, Montana, Pope Benedict XVI, State of the Union, Valentine's Day, Zombies
* Sarah Silverman and Jim Gaffigan talk space with Neil deGrasse Tyson.
* The Petraeus Files: All the Photos, Chats, Poems, and Other Super-Secret Emails They Don't Want You to See, by Ted Travelstead, for your Kindle.
* A new idea in energy that lives off the grid.
* A visual guide to President Obama analogies.
* The Onion sits down with a terrorism grant winner.
* It's comedian Todd Glass's one year coming-out party.
* Dan Deacon reminds us what America looks like.
* When to tell your sex partner about your Civil War figurines.
* Congratulations to Donald Trump for exposing everyone's hatred of him.
Tags: Civil War, Daily Links, David Petraeus, Donald Trump, Energy & Oil, John Boehner, LGBT, NASA, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sarah Silverman, Terrorism, The New York Times, The Onion, Todd Glass
By now you have probably seen this story about Fox News honcho Roger Ailes trying to convince then-not-disgraced Gen. David Petraeus to run for president in 2012, with his help. (This was a Washington Post exclusive, filed in their Style section, for some reason.)
Nobody should be surprised that Ailes would want to feed his ego by masterminding a presidential run, or that Petraeus brushed him off (he's stupid enough to have an affair with his biographer, but not stupid enough to think he'd gain any credibility by running for president on Roger Ailes' command).
What IS surprising is that Ailes allegedly sent a Fox News national security analyst, KT McFarland, to deliver his suggestion to Petraeus. Which she did! And now Ailes is trying to throw McFarland under the bus, because that's the kind of boss he is:
Tags: David Petraeus, Fox News, Roger Ailes
Earlier this week Pew Research asked, "What one word best describes your reaction to news about General Petraeus's resignation and the ongoing FBI investigation into the situation?"
Asked an open-ended question, the American people stepped up…
Tags: David Petraeus, Polls, Scandalgate
* Obama's second season is some must see TV.
* Abraham Obama looks like a cool dude.
* And you thought General Petraeus had his hands full…
* A lot of moms wish they had enough time to eff a general.
* Only a certain number of states can win the golden ticket!
* This week in Unnecessary Censorship: Petraeus did what?
* BP throws its chump change at the US, shouts "Sorry!" over it's shoulder.
Tags: Barack Obama, BP, David Petraeus, Ohio, The Onion