* Fox News loves wars, real or invented.
* The New Yorker's political cartoon of the day.
* John Boehner is really getting into political comedy.
* Another position paper from McSweeney's APMAG.
* Thankfully, "techno" is much easier to explain nowadays.
* An interview with Zach Kanin, creator of SNL's "Cool Drones."
* President Obama's liberal agenda includes bringing sexy back.
* How to preserve your Inauguration Day newspaper, you Luddite.
Tags: Boing Boing, Daily Links, Democrats, Drones, Energy & Oil, Fox News, John Boehner, Michelle Obama, Nick Offerman, Republicans, Roe v. Wade, Sara Bennicasa, SNL, Splitsider, The New Yorker, War on Christmas
Phew! That was close. At the last minute lawmakers pulled a deal out of their assembly and averted a roll down the fiscal cliff.
Here's a look at how Twitter responded:
Tags: Barack Obama, Democrats, Fiscal Cliff, House of Representatives, John Boehner, Paul Ryan, Republicans, Tweet Roundup
In which we take a look back at the departing federal lawmakers we'll miss most in 2013.
Name: Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH)
Leaving Congress Because: Defeated, but also retiring. More likely, his calling is on another planet:
Best Known For: Calling for a Department of Peace, which makes him a crazy person on this planet.
Memorable Quote: "Will you marry me?" — to a woman who was entirely out of his league, and everybody said, "huh?!" and then, incredibly, she said yes, and everybody said, "huh."
Greatest Accomplishment: Tried to impeach Bush/Cheney. Neither of whom is office anymore, ergo, victory Kucinich.
Why We'll Miss Him: Why do you miss oxygen when you're underwater?
What the Future Holds for Him: Wins election to rule the galaxy in 3412 as Kucinich the Grey, earning him the nickname Boy Mayor of The Milky Way and Various Celestial Objects.
Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
Tags: Democrats, Dennis Kucinich, House of Representatives, Ohio