* Neil deGrasse Tyson talks to Kristin Schaal and Dr. Ruth about sexy science.
* This train guy really loves trains.
* If you don't love meat, you don't love America.
* Walter Cronkite accurately predicts the future.
* Heterosexual couples stick it out for gay rights.
* Conan O'Brien's Produce Bowl pits apple against orange.
* California is… broke, and other unfortunate autocompletes.
* Donald Trump is suing Bill Maher for insinuating he has orangutan blood.
Tags: Barack Obama, Bill Mahr, California, Conan O'Brien, Daily Links, Donald Trump, Dr. Ruth, Guns, Kristin Schaal, LGBT, Marriage Equality, Nazis, Neil, Patriotism, Science & Technology, Sex, The Onion, Walter Cronkite
* Sarah Silverman and Jim Gaffigan talk space with Neil deGrasse Tyson.
* The Petraeus Files: All the Photos, Chats, Poems, and Other Super-Secret Emails They Don't Want You to See, by Ted Travelstead, for your Kindle.
* A new idea in energy that lives off the grid.
* A visual guide to President Obama analogies.
* The Onion sits down with a terrorism grant winner.
* It's comedian Todd Glass's one year coming-out party.
* Dan Deacon reminds us what America looks like.
* When to tell your sex partner about your Civil War figurines.
* Congratulations to Donald Trump for exposing everyone's hatred of him.
Tags: Civil War, Daily Links, David Petraeus, Donald Trump, Energy & Oil, John Boehner, LGBT, NASA, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sarah Silverman, Terrorism, The New York Times, The Onion, Todd Glass
Macy's partnership with Donald Trump includes investments in his clothing line and Trump the Fragrance, a perfume for those wondering what a combination of eau de horseshit and megalomania smells like. Unsurprisingly, not everyone is happy about the relationship between Macy's and one of America's worst people.
In addition to a 677,000-strong petition urging Macy's to sever ties with Trump, shoppers have taken to Macy's Facebook page and threatened to boycott the store, which means they are simultaneously committing an act of Christmas charity by giving Trump the gift of attention…
"Please dump Trump. Macy's has always been synonymous with "class" to me and that guy is such a walking sleazebag. He is dragging your good name down. I've got the scissors right here and I will be cutting my card in half shortly if this clown stays around."
"I usually buy most of my Christmas presents at Macy's because of their good deals and wonderful quality. However, I have not spent one dime there this season because of this bully. I usually buy the $35 Christmas card also, but nothing now. Too bad because I know of so many who are doing the same. I love Macy's but can't stand what this man stands for. I'm disappointed Macy's supports him."
"Take out the trash and dump Trump! He has tarnished your image and ruined Macy's reputation."
This might break new ground for The Donald, who usually sticks to bankrupting his own businesses. If he insists on bankrupting other people's companies, Mitt Romney is never going to find a new job.
For now, Macy's has resisted calls to get rid of Trump, but as he should have taught them by now, there are some problems you can't comb over.
Photo by David Cannon/Getty Images Sport/Getty Images
Tags: Christmas, Donald Trump, Facebook
This sounds like a made-up thing, but it is totally not a made-up thing. In fact, it's so not a made-up thing that "Trump’s rep denies any such meeting ever took place," so you know it's gotta be at least a little true…
Donald Trump's hatred of Barack Obama allegedly led his three eldest kids to do an Obama-vention before the election. Eric, Donald Jr. and Ivanka discussed telling their dad to calm down, then decided collectively to approach Trump (below) and ask him to turn it down a notch with the presidential bashing.
"The three of them met and went to see their dad in his Fifth Ave. office. They showed a lot of respect, but told him he’s worked too long and too hard to build up the reputation he has. They understand completely he’s always been outspoken and that he likes attention, but this is too much," says a source who knew about the mid-October meeting.
For me, the biggest tragedy is that they didn't save it for the TV cameras.
There could have been a whole Apprentice/Intervention/Fox & Friends crossover thing happening.
Photo by David Becker/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Birthers, Donald Trump
Or something like that. However you interpret Donald Trump's recent Twitter outburst against Brian Williams,* one thing's for sure. Rush Limbaugh no longer has a lock on being the most consistently unbearable conservative in media…
.@bwilliams knows that I think his newscast has become totally boring so he took a shot at me last night.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 7, 2012
Tags: Brian Williams, Donald Trump, Twitter