In what may be a side-effect from a transplanted heart–his first ever!–Dick Cheney had something nice to say about the Obama Administration.
Which of Barack Obama's policies does Cheney agree with? If you guessed that he really enjoys the killer flying robots and nothing else, then you earn zero trivia points, because of course he enjoys the killer flying robots and nothing else.
"I think it's a good program and I don't disagree with the basic policy that the Obama administration is pursuing now in those regards," Cheney told CBS host Charlie Rose, in reference to the U.S. drone program.
This follows the statement of Bush-era UN ambassador John "Hot Mustache" Bolton, who noted, "[T]he approach that the Obama administration is following is consistent with and really derived from the Bush administration approach to the War on Terror, and I think it is entirely sensible."
It's amazing: the Bush Administration has been out of power for over four years, and they're still torturing people. Except now their victims are Obama supporters who have to deal with the brain-exploding cognitive dissonance of being on the same side as Cheney and Bolton.
Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Barack Obama, Dick Cheney, Drones, Military
* The Kroll Show dramatizes drones.
* Pope Beyonce? Yes please!
* A list of historical fallacies, from Cracked.
* A little girl hears Bad Brains for the first time.
* Please don't watch this if you're afraid of spiders.
* More George W. Bush selfies have surfaced.
* Maybe if we had fewer guns we'd have cooler fisticuffs.
* Jesse Thorn's new show on NPR looks very promising.
*How to order takeout during a blizzard without being a dick. (Save this one for next time.)
* Teddy Roosevelt had an interesting way of expressing himself.
Tags: Beyonce, Dick Cheney, Drones, Funny or Die, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, Guns, Nick Kroll, NPR, Oscars, Pope Benedict XVI, Punk Rock, Ronald Reagan, Spiders, Theodore Roosevelt, Weather
* For Black History Month, Black superheroes talk about their struggles.
* Jimmy Fallon's "Downton Sixbey."
* Yolo: An oral history of an awful phrase.
* U.S. females need to step up the science.
* Schoolhouse Rock sings about ungrammatical stuff.
* This Sacramento Bee editorial is seriously messing with Texas.
* Twitter has a new hashtag game: #ReplaceSongTitlesWithDrone.
* Conan O'Brien's heckler Eddie Pepitone has Post Office questions.
* A map of all the vaguely or explicitly rude-sounding place names in the world.
* The Post Office's potential for "clandestine communication" was a scary prospect, at one time.
Tags: Black History Month, California, Daily Links, Drones, Education, Geography, Post Office, Racism, Rick Perry, Science & Technology, Taxes, Texas, Women's Rights
* Fox News loves wars, real or invented.
* The New Yorker's political cartoon of the day.
* John Boehner is really getting into political comedy.
* Another position paper from McSweeney's APMAG.
* Thankfully, "techno" is much easier to explain nowadays.
* An interview with Zach Kanin, creator of SNL's "Cool Drones."
* President Obama's liberal agenda includes bringing sexy back.
* How to preserve your Inauguration Day newspaper, you Luddite.
Tags: Boing Boing, Daily Links, Democrats, Drones, Energy & Oil, Fox News, John Boehner, Michelle Obama, Nick Offerman, Republicans, Roe v. Wade, Sara Bennicasa, SNL, Splitsider, The New Yorker, War on Christmas