The Galion, OH Public Library has invited local astronomer Dan Everly to give a presentation… for the third year in a row.
You might say the citizens of Galion "re-elected" local astronomer Dan Everly.
Tags: Election Day 2012, Ohio, OhioWatch 2012
Some jokes are written. Even if they are stolen by other people, it's not hard to track them down and find the original source. Other jokes form in the ether. They are the jokes forwarded to you by your parents, tweeted by fake celebrity accounts, posted on Facebook by the weird guy you meet at a rave (uh, why were you at a rave?).
These ether-jokes are everywhere and you cannot escape them. On Election Day, they reach unprecedented heights. Here are the most over-used jokes we found on Twitter. Or did the jokes find us?
Tags: Barack Obama, Election Day 2012, Mitt Romney, Twitter
If you are a Barack Obama supporter who is currently pacing around your office in a state of near-hyperventilation as you wait for the endless hours of Election Day to give way to Election Night and all its terrifying poll results, then I strongly recommend that you not read this following paragraph from John Heilemann over at New York Magazine.
Tags: Barack Obama, Election Day 2012
* Tim and Eric's path to the Presidency.
* President Obama's hoop dreams.
* Our journey to today, via graphic novel.
* The returns for South Park have come in.
* Things to do while you wait in line to vote.
* Paul Ryan has a reminder for displaced voters.
* Can you spot the dangers in this voting booth?
* Your guide to avoiding social media bullshit today.
* Public health campaigns have never been so unhealthy.
* Hahajk's Guys With Feelings spill their guts about the election.
* McSweeney's has compiled some excellent Election Day reading.
* Mitt Romney calls David Letterman to shoot the shoot on national T.V.
Tags: Daily Links, David Letterman, Election Day 2012, Facebook, Funny or Die, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, The Onion, Twitter
While Mitt Romney and Barack Obama battle for the title of Almighty Ruler of the Kingdom of the Electoral College, let's take a moment to remember the candidates who won't win… but run anyway.
Our interviews with Gary Johnson, Jill Stein and more after the jump…
Tags: Cheri Honkala, Election Day 2012, Fred Karger, Gary Johnson, Green Party, Jill Stein, Libertarian, Republicans, Thaddeus McCotter, Third Party