I got a robocall from Romney, or maybe it was actually Romney, couldn't really tell.
— Doug Perkins (@DoctorDoug) November 5, 2012
After the election, I'm really gonna need you guys' help choosing all the other topics that I'm not qualified to have opinions about.
— Andy Richter (@Andy_Richter) November 5, 2012
Tags: Barack Obama, Election Day, Mitt Romney, Tweet Roundup, Twitter
I can say, without a shred of hyperbole, that this upcoming Tuesday night will be the most important and consequential several hours of human civilization in the history of ever. Or at least top one billion. What better way to watch the 2012 presidential election results roll in than with Comedy Central and Indecision?
* Watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart as it presents "Election Night 2012: This Ends Now" at 11p/10c.
* And then The Colbert Report's presentation of "Election 2012: A Nation Votes, Ohio Decides; The Re-Presidenting of America: Who Will Replace Obama? '012!" at 11:30p/10:30c
* Follow @indecision on Twitter as we livetweet results from the first early poll results to the final announcements of the night's winners and losers.
* Download our free Election Companion App for iPad and iPhone and add your own two cents to our thoughts and reactions as the waves of news crash against our TV screens.
* And check in right here on Indecision all day and all night as we respond to the funny, the silly, the sad and the unsettling twists and turns of this elections finality.
So, run away and join the political circus with us on Tuesday night. We promise a minimal amount of elephant dung stench.
Photo by Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images
Tags: Election Day, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, The Colbert Report, The Daily Show, Video
It's week 5 of Rolling Across the Aisle Laughing and things are getting RAAL. Last week we took a chance on political cartoons. Only one person voted, and it was purely on production value. We've therefore decided to throw their vote away and declare another election this week, because that's how democracy works!
So, take a look at the candidates and vote in the comments section. And remember, it's fun to reach around and grab onto someone else's sense of humor sometimes.
Tags: Conservatives, Democrats, Dennis Miller, Election Day, Liberals, Republicans, Voter Fraud
Also for Republicans…
A Pennsylvania judge ruled Wednesday that a new Republican-supported state voter ID law could be implemented for Election Day, despite objections that it was a partisan attempt to hurt President Obama and could cost thousands of voters the right to cast ballots.
That's absurd — there's nothing partisan going on here. If there were, you'd have to prove that likely Obama voters are immigrants, college students and other minorities who lack the time and money traditionally associated with acquiring photo identification.
Like I said, absurd.
Photo by Peter Gridley/Photographer's Choice/Getty Images
Tags: Election Day, Pennsylvania, Republicans