* Star Talk with Neil deGrasse Tyson premiers on the Nerdist Channel.
* The unbelievable story of Paul Ryan.
* The two-faced Mitt Romney sandwich.
* Your guide to Obama conspiracy theories.
* Debate re-re-re-re-remix. *record scratch*
* GOP strategists want to change the subjects.
* Ever had a bumper sticker you didn't regret?
* Looks like School House Rock landed on Uncle Sam.
* The Onion is going to take you right into the Eurozone.
* Barack Obama is calling, girl. Better pick up the phone.
* Who is the best fake president? Hint: Not George W. Bush.
* Mitt Romney saved the auto industry with a piece of gun and a paperclip.
Tags: Daily Links, Europe, George Bush, Mitt Romney, NASA, Neil deGrasse Tyson, The Onion, Tweet Untweet, Twitter, Wonkette
The Norwegian Nobel Committee for Perpetual War-Profiteering Guilt has awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for 2012 to the European Union. Officially, the prize was given "because union and its forerunners have for over six decades contributed to the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe" but we know the real reasons…
Tags: Europe, Nobel Prize
* The only people who can help Greece are Greeks, from Jest.
* Legalize marijuana! Or else.
* Mitt Romney = Anchorman's Brick Tamland.
* News feed of the world for July, from College Humor.
* Tennessee Democrats have a very interesting sense of humor.
* How was this week for gays? Dave Holmes gives it to us straight.
* See if you can swallow the political opinions of other porn stars.
* Michelle Obama goes all Johnny Appleseed on America's backyards.
Tags: Daily Links, Europe, Greece, Michelle Obama, Mitt Romney, Steve Carell, The Onion
Showing the kinds of true leadership qualities that you just cannot learn in business school — no, these are the kinds of valuable skills that you can only learn in the school of hard knocks — Mitt Romney stepped up to the plate and took a hard look at the myriad of missteps and mistakes he made during his trip through GOP-approved foreign countries. And he valiantly took full responsibility.
And then threw it onto the lamestream media…
Asked about his missteps in an interview with Fox News’ Carl Cameron before he left Poland on Tuesday, Romney accused reporters of trivializing the substance of his trip and trying to divert attention from President Obama’s stewardship of the economy.
"And I realize that there will be some in the Fourth Estate, or whichever estate, who are far more interested in finding something to write about that is unrelated to the economy, to geopolitics, to the threat of war, to the reality of conflict in Afghanistan today, to a nuclearization of Iran," Romney said, according to a transcript of the interview that aired on Tuesday morning. "They’ll instead try and find anything else to divert from the fact that these last four years have been tough years for our country."
And also, if those other countries weren't there in those other places in the world there wouldn't have been any places in which to make a bunch of mistakes. So, don't think we're not looking at you, too. You're partially to blame, rest of world.
Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Europe, Israel, Media, Mitt Romney, Poland