The Colbert Report airs Monday through Thursday at 11:30/10:30c.
Tags: Chick-fil-A, Christianity, Corporations, Facebook, LGBT, Marriage Equality, Mike Huckabee, Religion, Rick Santorum, Stephen Colbert, The Colbert Report, Twitter, Video
* Mitt Romney's "Magical Underwear Tour" is waiting to take you away to The Hamptons.
* Hillary Clinton like you've never seen her before.
* Funny or Die's Ronna and Beverly talk to Veep actor Matt Walsh.
* The Washington Monument gets set up with some uppity French building, from The Onion.
* Obama and Romney as teenagers on facebook, from College Humor.
Tags: Barack Obama, Beatles, Daily Links, Facebook, France, HBO, Hillary Clinton, Mitt Romney, vice president, Washington Monument
* President Obama sings "Call Me Maybe." (Spoiler alert: It's a little pitchy).
* Key & Peele meet President Obama and lose their sh*t.
* American Voices consider Herman Cain's new radio show.
* Comedian Jamie Kilstein wants to fight National Review's Jonah Goldberg.
* Coming up on your local news, will Funny or Die's coverage of gas prices kill you with laughter?
* Speaking of gas, David Crowe talks about his addiction to petroleum.
* A prospectus for Silicon Valley's next must-have IPO, from McSweeney's.
Tags: Barack Obama, Daily Links, Energy & Oil, Facebook, Funny or Die, Herman Cain, Key & Peele, National Review, Socialism, The Onion
If there's one thing that's ruining America, it's the lack of freedom afforded to our job-creating billionaires seeking to renounce their U.S. citizenship so as to avoid paying taxes.
These people are true American heroes, and any attempt to stymie their noble efforts to horde money is clearly an act of anti-patriotic menace so heinous it can only be compared to… compared to…
Well, I'll let Grover Norquist explain…
Norquist, the president of Americans for Tax Reform, said the targeting people that turn in their passports reminded him of regimes that had driven people out of the country, only to confiscate their wealth at the door.
"I think Schumer can probably find the legislation to do this. It existed in Germany in the 1930s and Rhodesia in the ’70s and in South Africa as well," said Norquist. "He probably just plagiarized it and translated it from the original German."
The Nazis infamously implemented a departure tax on Jews who tried to flee Germany before World War II. Schumer is Jewish.
Well put! I'll bet Grover Norquist got an A+ in Comparison class back in school.
And it's only more chilling a comparison when you consider the awful inhuman yoke of subjugation under which that U.S. billionaires are forced to live in the Democratic regime. Can you imagine the grim specter of being forced to cycle money back into the economy? I get physically ill at the very thought of it.
Related: Quote Unquote: Impeaching Obama
Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Facebook, Grover Norquist, Money, Taxes