* Fox News loves wars, real or invented.
* The New Yorker's political cartoon of the day.
* John Boehner is really getting into political comedy.
* Another position paper from McSweeney's APMAG.
* Thankfully, "techno" is much easier to explain nowadays.
* An interview with Zach Kanin, creator of SNL's "Cool Drones."
* President Obama's liberal agenda includes bringing sexy back.
* How to preserve your Inauguration Day newspaper, you Luddite.
Tags: Boing Boing, Daily Links, Democrats, Drones, Energy & Oil, Fox News, John Boehner, Michelle Obama, Nick Offerman, Republicans, Roe v. Wade, Sara Bennicasa, SNL, Splitsider, The New Yorker, War on Christmas
Few things have divided the nerdo-sphere and punditocracy as much as the proposal to dodge the debt ceiling by minting a trillion-dollar platinum coin and depositing it with the Federal Reserve.
As we make our arguments, it'd be nice if we didn't all join Fox News in beclowning ourselves in the process. Hence this guide.
Tags: Debt, Federal Reserve, Fox News, Money, Treasury Department
Fill in the blank: (2+5) x ____ = (5×2)+(5×5). If you answered "learnin' about the distributive property is for communists," you're of one mind with Eric Bolling of Fox News, who took issue with a Scholastic worksheet he accused of "push[ing] the liberal agenda."
"Distribute the wealth with the lovely rich girl with a big ole bag of money, handing some money out," mocked Bolling, who claimed the textbook was part of leftist "indoctrination in schools."
Bolling still has a ways to go to reach the heights of math paranoia. In Glenn Beck's hands, this worksheet would have produced a soliloquy about algebra's Arabic origins and transitioned to a rant about the commutative property, which sounds like commutation, which sounds like Obama releasing violent felons from prisons to steal Americans' money. Nevertheless, Bolling did enough to join the conservative anti math-league, whose members include:
Tags: Bobby Jindal, Education, Fox News, Karl Rove, Louisiana, Mike Huckabee, Missouri, Polls, Rush Limbaugh, Science & Technology