"The rigidity of those pledges is something I don’t like. The circumstances change and you can't be wedded to some formula by Grover Norquist. It's — who the hell is Grover Norquist, anyway?"
I'd take that with a grain of salt if I were you. Later in the interview, he goes on to call Bill Clinton "a very knowledgeable, bright man." So, he's clearly been brainwashed by the America-hating factions of the country.
Tags: George H.W. Bush, Grover Norquist, Quote Unquote, Taxes
* Bill Maher talks H.W. nostalgia.
* Nell Scovell twitternails it.
* Funny or Die has good veep analysis for Mitt Romney.
* Bill Maher has a "God damn you all to hell!" moment with the GOP.
* Part of Donald Trump's morning routine is to take a sad trip down to Tinytown.
* Here are your gambling odds for upcoming Supreme Court decisions (Hint: always bet on black).
Tags: Ann Romney, Barack Obama, Bill Maher, Daily Links, Dan Quayle, Donald Trump, Funny or Die, George H.W. Bush, Republicans, Sarah Palin, The Onion
George H.W. Bush on 1992 third party presidential candidate Ross Perot…
"I think he cost me the election, and I don't like him."
Ironically, that's pretty much Ross Perot's most endearing quality.
Tags: 1992, George H.W. Bush, Quote Unquote, Ross Perot, Third Party
* Robert Hatch-Miller's 35-minute documentary REPUBLICAN DAD is well worth your time.
* Splitsider talks about TV's latest vice: Veep.
* From Funny or Die, President Obama supports the Tupac hologram.
* George H.W. Bush wonders where his Secret Service detail went, from The Onion.
* Jay Leno claims Republicans love to laugh at themselves, so apparently Democrats have something in common with them.
Tags: Daily Links, Democrats, George H.W. Bush, HBO, Jay Leno, Joe Biden, Mitt Romney, Republicans, Secret Service, The Onion, vice president
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11/10c.
Tags: George H.W. Bush, John McCain, Jon Stewart, Marco Rubio, Mitch Daniels, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, Primaries, Republicans, The Daily Show, Video