When you hear the name Romney, a few words come to mind: robot, millionaire, flip-flopper, Massachusetts, hair.
And now, there's a new one. Dog Diarrhea…
Yes, it's a little bit immature, but search "Romney" on Google and you'll see spreadingromney.com high up on your results (right behind Mitt Romney's Wikipedia page this morning; image below) with this definition:
"1. To defecate in terror 2. Former Governor Mitt Romney." This is a reference to "Crate-Gate," the story of how Romney's dog Seamus reacted to being strapped to the roof of the candidate's car…
Google's algorithm depends a lot on popularity. And Spreading Romney's 3,416 Facebook "likes", 1261 Tweets, coupled with shoutouts from sites like New York's Daily Intel and Romney's not-so-solid inevitability as of late all helped it climb up the Google results chart.
Poor Mitt. After three major losses in the Midwest, a near loss to Ron Paul in Maine and a precipitous drop in the polls in his native Michigan, the former governor is now literally getting shit on by his critics.
Tags: Animals, Google, Internet, Mitt Romney, Puppies!, Rick Santorum, Scatology, Vacation
* Bad Lip Reading finally adds Rick Santorum to its pantheon.
* Via Buzzfeed, Twitter suggestions for Romney's Secret Service nickname.
* Funny or Die makes Gingrich's moon plans seem almost, well, sweet.
* In Florida, Romney also outspent Gingrich on gettin' crunk till the break of dawn.
* "Eye of the Tiger" is out for Newt, but here are some other options, from HuffPo Comedy.
* President Obama's Google+ Hangout sesh gets a surprise guest, from Conan O'Brien.
Tags: Barack Obama, Conan O'Brien, Daily Links, Florida, Funny or Die, Google, Huffington Post, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Primaries, Rick Santorum, Secret Service, The Onion, Twitter
I'm so torn on this SOPA thing. I don't know who to trust. The thousands of technophiles who make their living on the Internet and have created an information pipeline unlike anything that has ever been seen on this planet prior to a few years ago? Or the middle aged men and women who publicly ridicule science and innovation so that superstitious grandparents will continue to pull a lever for them every few years. There's so much to say for both sides!
Coverage continues with Senior Newest Correspondent Jessica Williams…
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11/10c.
Tags: Google, House of Representatives, Internet, Jessica Williams, Jon Stewart, Nerdiness, Science & Technology, Senate, SOPA, The Daily Show, Video, Wikipedia
* It took me way waaaaay too long to figure out why all Jon Huntsman's daughters are wearing mustaches in this campaign ad for their dad. #iamkindofalittlestupid
* Google vs. Romney: The battle of the machines begins.
* Is there a legal precedent for a Supreme Court Justice seeking a Colbert Bump?
* Speaker John Boehner not taking sides in GOP primaries. Anybody who really really annoys Obama is fine with him.
* WorldNetDaily's top ten reasons a Christian shouldn't vote for Mitt Romney. (In case you're wondering, Mormonism is not one of them.)
Tags: Christianity, Google, House of Representatives, John Boehner, John Paul Stevens, Jon Huntsman, Judiciary, Mitt Romney, Mormon, Pork Barrel, Primaries, Religion, Republicans, Robots Are Dope!, Stephen Colbert, Supreme Court, The Colbert Report
It's like that old saying: I disapprove of what you sell, but I will defend to the death your right to slather it in chipotle sauce and sell it at a 300 percent mark-up.
The Colbert Report airs Monday through Thursday at 11:30/10:30c.
Tags: Bill of Rights, Constitution, Corporations, Dan Savage, EPA, Google, LGBT, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Stephen Colbert, The Colbert Report, Video