Plenty of analysts are bearish on the Mayan forecasting model due to its inability to accurately predict the arrival of the Spanish, but is it really any worse than formal predictive modeling? Well, yes, it is. Nevertheless, consider these data points suggesting humanity will not see the dawn of 2013…
1. Jeff Fortenberry, a Republican representing Nebraska's First Congressional District has recently forsaken the one oath no Republican dare break by refusing to swear fealty to Grover Norquist and the Americans for Tax Reform pledge never to vote for a tax increase, saying…
"My responsibility is to make judgments about hard, complex issues that I believe to be right. Simply looking at the status quo and suggesting that the tax code is sacrosanct and can never change, and that decisions made in the '80s and '90s can never change, is absurd."
2. Politico has discovered a rarer species than a Tinman who has found a heart or Scarecrow who has found a brain. They discovered a Democrat who found a spine…
Tags: Grover Norquist, Harry Reid, Senate, Taxes
If there's one thing that's ruining America, it's the lack of freedom afforded to our job-creating billionaires seeking to renounce their U.S. citizenship so as to avoid paying taxes.
These people are true American heroes, and any attempt to stymie their noble efforts to horde money is clearly an act of anti-patriotic menace so heinous it can only be compared to… compared to…
Well, I'll let Grover Norquist explain…
Norquist, the president of Americans for Tax Reform, said the targeting people that turn in their passports reminded him of regimes that had driven people out of the country, only to confiscate their wealth at the door.
"I think Schumer can probably find the legislation to do this. It existed in Germany in the 1930s and Rhodesia in the ’70s and in South Africa as well," said Norquist. "He probably just plagiarized it and translated it from the original German."
The Nazis infamously implemented a departure tax on Jews who tried to flee Germany before World War II. Schumer is Jewish.
Well put! I'll bet Grover Norquist got an A+ in Comparison class back in school.
And it's only more chilling a comparison when you consider the awful inhuman yoke of subjugation under which that U.S. billionaires are forced to live in the Democratic regime. Can you imagine the grim specter of being forced to cycle money back into the economy? I get physically ill at the very thought of it.
Related: Quote Unquote: Impeaching Obama
Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Facebook, Grover Norquist, Money, Taxes
Jon Stewart's interview with Grover Norquist continues after the jump.
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11/10c.
Tags: Americans for Tax Reform, Conservatives, Grover Norquist, Jon Stewart, Ronald Reagan, Taxes, The Daily Show, Video
Grover Norquist on the President and the impeachable offense of making rich people pay higher taxes…
"Obama can sit there and let all the tax [cuts] lapse, and then the Republicans will have enough votes in the Senate in 2014 to impeach."
According to the 2nd Article of the Constitution, a president can be impeached for "treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors," of which denying a C.E.O. a new streamlined yacht for the spring regatta is almost certainly one.
Though, I think you can make an equally good case that denying our oligarchical overlords their due tribute could be considered an act of treason.
Tags: Barack Obama, Grover Norquist, Impeachment, Quote Unquote, Taxes
* The Onion's coverage of the Norquist scandel that's rocking the nation.
* A children's book about how to care for your dog the NOT Romney way.
* The National Journal's "Photo of the Day" gave Gingrich a big head.
* Santorum says "What about three men?" McSweeney's says "Try 12!"
* College Humor has the Cliff's Notes for this year's election.
* From Funny or Die, Mitt Romney's days as a stock photo model.
Tags: Daily Links, Funny or Die, Grover Norquist, Marriage Equality, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Oklahoma, Rick Santorum, Taxes, The Onion