* It seems like only a year ago that we had Herman Cain and OWS to kick around.
* President Obama's new attack ad looks ready for prime time.
* Local news can be hilarious.
* A portrait of Sarah Palin and GWB made from adult magazines.
* Abraham Lincoln knows you are, but what is he?
* Romney's new campaign message takes a hard right 180.
* Funny or Die's PSA warning America's youth to do regular drugs.
* A collection of political campaigns that go off the beaten path, from Cracked.
* Fox News gets punked by one of those pesky unemployed youths.
* Grab your monocle and take a look at the New Yorker's latest political cartoons.
Tags: Barack Obama, Daily Links, George W. Bush, Herman Cain, Jimmy Fallon, Mitt Romney, Occupy Wall Street, Sarah Palin, Saturday Night Live, The New Yorker
Speaking in front of the Women's Political Committee, Nancy Pelosi — House Minority Leader and Bizarro Michele Bachmann — claimed she saw the spirits of Suffragette icons in the White House materialize before her and heard them say, "At last we have a seat at the table."
Susan B. Anthony must be rolling over in her plain, matronly, yet sensibly and sturdily built coffin. Here's video of the incident…
Oh my God. That must have been terrifying… for the ghosts! BOOM!
What do White House ghosts do to scare each other at night? Tell Nancy Pelosi stories! BAZZZIIIIING! SOCK IT TO ME!
Democrats can spend all day laughing at the crazies in the Republican party (and they should, because it's fun), but they have to recognize the crazy in their own party. The only thing that separates Herman Cain from Harry Reid is that Herman Cain has charm and Harry Reid has power.
Tags: Harry Reid, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, Nancy Pelosi, Video, White House
I haven't thought about the Herman Cain ad — the confounding one in which his campaign strategist Mark Block smoked a cigarette seductively into the camera — in months, and yet I somehow felt an immense sense of relief upon watching this explanatory video from Block himself…
"I still can't go anywhere without anybody asking for an autograph on a cigarette."
Reacquaint yourself with Block's smoldering foray into the public eye after the jump…
Tags: Drugs, Herman Cain, Mark Block
Also, the magic that is/was Herman Cain, thoughts on the new season of his Comedy Central stand-up series, and a solemn promise concerning the upcoming Daily Show coverage of the RNC and DNC conventions…
"Listen, I'm not saying the British democracy is the perfect democracy either. It is also completely screwed up, but in a different way. And we at the very least spend less money and less time doing it. We have our entire campaign season over about five weeks. So, there has to be a happy medium between five weeks and one-and-a-half years." – John Oliver
John Oliver's New York Stand-Up Show airs Friday nights at 11/10c.
(via HuffPo Comedy)
Tags: Citizens United v. FEC, Herman Cain, John Oliver, John Oliver's New York Stand-Up Show, Money, The Daily Show, United Kingdom